Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 11:49 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,415,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaWorld Bound View Post
thanks. we are going to go for it, so wish us luck. it is a brand new car, so you would think nothing would be wrong with it. but, we will test it all out before we hand over the money. enjoy your car when you get it.
Congrats! Keep us posted and pics will be a must!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 11:51 AM

10,914 posts, read 31,394,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaWorld Bound View Post
thanks. we are going to go for it, so wish us luck. it is a brand new car, so you would think nothing would be wrong with it. but, we will test it all out before we hand over the money. enjoy your car when you get it.
Congratulations! I hope it's a great experience for you.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 06-29-2010, 12:02 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,238,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
LOL...SSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...do you really have to ask?
Have never put a front plate on any of the "speciality" cars...we do carry in the front wheel well tho.
I was just wondering, My son never put one on his BMW, he said it missed up the lines...until he was ticketed for it..LOL

Old 06-29-2010, 12:33 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,415,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
I was just wondering, My son never put one on his BMW, he said it missed up the lines...until he was ticketed for it..LOL
Ummm....make that the front foot well, not wheel well.
I agree with your son...messes up the lines of the car and I'll be darned if we're going to start drilling holes in the front bumper. Can honestly say, for as many years we have NOT put when on...neither one of us has ever been pulled over for it. Guess I haven't reached "public enemy #1 status" yet!
Like I said...we do carry the front plate inside the car...and I would just throw it up on the dash should I be stopped. Have a very good friend who is a police officer and She tells me not to worry too much about it. And I don't.

Old 06-29-2010, 12:54 PM

5,228 posts, read 15,288,738 times
Hahaha. I had a number of cars that I never put the front plate on and never had an issue. My roommate, however, could get a ticket for no front plate while the car was in the driveway!

Old 06-29-2010, 03:33 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,885,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
Hahaha. I had a number of cars that I never put the front plate on and never had an issue. My roommate, however, could get a ticket for no front plate while the car was in the driveway!
Off topic, but I have lived in 4 states. None required a front license plate.
Again, for people reading these threads, just about any regulation regarding vehicles will vary from state to state.

Old 07-01-2010, 10:29 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,141,697 times
I am also thinking of purchasing a car out of my home state which is now IN. I have no idea why but cars in IN are way over priced. Its almost comical. I asked my friend how she did it cuz she lives in AL and bought a new car in MI. She said that if the states are cooperative or something like that, then each state shares the sales tax. That is how her deal worked. When I contacted IN, they said that I have to show proof I paid sales tax where I bought the vehicle. So lets say I bought a car in IL and paid 7%, which is also the sales tax in IN, then I'm good. I just have to pay for registration. But if I pay less than 7% then I have to pay the additional 1% when I register. If I pay more than 7% then the state of IN will refund the difference. Seems kind of wacky. So I am wondering if its worth the hassle but I just can't see over paying 5-6k more for a car in IN when I know I can get a better deal if I cross the border.

Old 07-19-2010, 07:31 PM

107 posts, read 268,185 times
I wonder what would happen if I buy a car in Massachusetts while living in a state with no sales tax where I would register my car (New Hampshire)

Old 07-19-2010, 08:09 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,166,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitro View Post
I wonder what would happen if I buy a car in Massachusetts while living in a state with no sales tax where I would register my car (New Hampshire)
You'd pay whatever fees NH requires when you register a new car, no matter where you purchased it from.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:28 AM

1 posts, read 2,487 times
if you live in MN and buy a car in Wisconsin? do you pay twice?
once in WI and then get a bill for another % in MN?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive