Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 07:36 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,301,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetreecity View Post
If they manage to place it into an A-Team remake, then perhaps it will take off.
only ford and chevy make classic full size RWD V-8 vans anymore dodge has that sprinter van which sux compared to the other two.

I guess dodge could take the ram 1500 platform and use the same 390HP 5.7 hemi that would be pretty manly and bring back the ram van name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 07:42 PM

3,306 posts, read 12,215,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
There aren't many SUVs that'll tow 5,000 lbs either. In fact, that list is VERY short. Some will even claim they can, but they can't.
Ahh... see, but it's easy for everyone to go on the attack of SUVs since the stereotypical image of an angry driver trying to make up for "personal inadequacies" is one who is driving a big black Suburban or Excursion.... you know the type of SUVs that are actually workhorse vehicles. However when someone makes a comment on the utility of SUVs then all of a sudden the opposing crowd is quick to deny that since all of a sudden we are talking about the little compact SUVs, right?

While there are many big-SUV owners who don't need all that utility the anti big-SUV crowd is COMPLETELY comprised of people who don't need ANY heavy duty utility. This is the main reason why they can't get the concept of owning one through their head. And no, I don't own a SUV.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:57 PM

13 posts, read 57,332 times
Here are a couple of more man-van styles.
And they all came with a penastar on them
Attached Thumbnails
News, Chrysler Readies a Manly Minivan.-0608tr_01_z-2003_custom_dodge_caravan-front_angle.jpg   News, Chrysler Readies a Manly Minivan.-2496152298_dfdb8fa3e9.jpg   News, Chrysler Readies a Manly Minivan.-black-jack-minivan.jpg  

Old 06-28-2010, 08:07 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,664,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Hauler View Post
Ahh... see, but it's easy for everyone to go on the attack of SUVs since the stereotypical image of an angry driver trying to make up for "personal inadequacies" is one who is driving a big black Suburban or Excursion.... you know the type of SUVs that are actually workhorse vehicles. However when someone makes a comment on the utility of SUVs then all of a sudden the opposing crowd is quick to deny that since all of a sudden we are talking about the little compact SUVs, right?

While there are many big-SUV owners who don't need all that utility the anti big-SUV crowd is COMPLETELY comprised of people who don't need ANY heavy duty utility. This is the main reason why they can't get the concept of owning one through their head. And no, I don't own a SUV.
Here in North Omaha, these are the kinds of "workhorse SUV" Suburbans you see everywhere. I think we both know that towing capacity is not the point.

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh254/medamac/donk2.jpg (broken link)

Old 06-28-2010, 08:57 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,301,920 times
got to laugh at the last one with the lifted suburban with 20" rims and bald low profile street tires that thing needs a set of 17" american racing alloy rims riding on 35" A/T.

Old 06-28-2010, 09:05 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,664,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
got to laugh at the last one with the lifted suburban with 20" rims and bald low profile street tires that thing needs a set of 17" american racing alloy rims riding on 35" A/T.
It really is amazing what people do with their vehicles.

Personally, I couldn't care less what a person drives. You're free to drive whatever you want, as am I. And you're free to think that what I'm driving is stupid, and I'm free to think your ride is a piece of crap. It's all good.

That said... Wow, some people are stupid. Can you imagine how slow the idiot with the second Suburban has to go to take corners? And I'm a little surprised it's not trailer homes in the background.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:09 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Might not be a bad idea because many are now buying mini vans instead of SUVs and trucks because they can pull a small trailer and get a better ride plus gas mileage.

Old 07-04-2010, 12:39 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,727,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
only ford and chevy make classic full size RWD V-8 vans anymore dodge has that sprinter van which sux compared to the other two.

I guess dodge could take the ram 1500 platform and use the same 390HP 5.7 hemi that would be pretty manly and bring back the ram van name.
The Sprinter is yet another Daimler abortion.

Old 07-04-2010, 03:50 AM

4,500 posts, read 12,337,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Investor2 View Post
I don't think Ford & GM make mini-vans anymore....They got run out of the segment by Toyota & Honda.....
Ford Europe makes a great one (as does VW), but they don't seem to be shipping them stateside.

Ford:

VW:
http://www.zercustoms.com/news/images/Volkswagen/2010-Volkswagen-Caravelle-California-2.jpg (broken link)

Interior VW:

The VW is a truly great workhorse too btw, when you get it as a Van. You can also get it with a raised roof (and a pick up bed), for full standing height inside the vehicle, and it comes in two different lengths.

Old 07-04-2010, 06:55 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,984,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
The Sprinter is yet another Daimler abortion.
Isn't the Sprinter a rebadged Freightliner? So it would be Freightliner's abortion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram