U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 08:36 AM

12,133 posts, read 22,377,663 times

Advertisements

Chrysler turned the Jeep line into a bunch of sissified vehicles. I highly doubt they can make a minivan that could be labeled "manly."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2010, 08:39 AM

12,133 posts, read 22,377,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
It really is amazing what people do with their vehicles.

Personally, I couldn't care less what a person drives. You're free to drive whatever you want, as am I. And you're free to think that what I'm driving is stupid, and I'm free to think your ride is a piece of crap. It's all good.

That said... Wow, some people are stupid. Can you imagine how slow the idiot with the second Suburban has to go to take corners? And I'm a little surprised it's not trailer homes in the background.
If it were trailer houses in the background, it has a higher chance of having 35" mud tires on in (along with 152 cases of empty PBR cans in the cargo area).

Old 07-04-2010, 01:38 PM

678 posts, read 1,902,559 times
Well, if your trying to Mate the Soccer Moms likes and needs with the Heavy Duty Guys, it ain't a match to begin with.
Each style of vehicle has a Separate Purpose.

I bought my 1rst Brand new Suburban in 1974 and updated every 2 years until 2000. Thats when I bought a Chevy Venture mini van as a 2nd vehicle.
WOW what a great van it was. I was convinced it was the best all around vehicle I had ever owned.
I found that everyone in the family wanted to drive it.

Low Profile, easy to wash with smooth sheet metal.

Easy entry/exit and no raised side sills.

Very, very comfortable seats.

Fantastic all around vision.

Very well set up with common sense ergomic controls for the driver and passengers.

Rear seats set on risers for more comfort and ease of getting in and out.

No big Front Center console in the way.

Low dash board for better vision.

Well designed rear side mirrors you can actually see out of.

Excellent quiet riding quailties especially with the 15" wheels. No jownsy SUV ride on marginal roads.

Large 21 gallon fuel tank which I keep full to reduce condensation.

3500lb tow capcity with factory trailer pkg.

Sticker rated at 26 mpg hiway but I have carefully checked my mileage and found it as high as 31 mpg with the 185 HP V-6 standard engine. Partially because I do not drive like a maniac.

I Factory ordered the one I am still driving, a 2005 and the last year they built them. I have kept it the longest of any vehicle I have ever owned now with 77,000 miles and it runs and looks like NEW.
Still No rattles or squeeks.

Needless to say I no longer buy the Suburbans, but of course I no longer need them either. They are a better vehicle now then ever.

Most all the manufactures are now building cars to fill the younger generations wants and in many cases leaving the Common Sense Era behind.
Yes I am now Older in age now but cannot see why we need Chopped Tops on all our vehicles with Tachometers on every auto transmissions family car etc?
Now they are putting rear cameras as standard on some models because they have engineered out the visibility with small stylish rear view side mirrors and windows that make no sense.

I'm 6' 1" and cannot even get into a new Buick sedan without hitting my head on the lowered streamlined top section.
These designs are for the Sporty cars, not Family cars.

I have to say I am Sad to see the Mini Van Market as we've known it fade, but that whats happening for better or worse.
2011 is going to bring in a New Era of Mini Vans that have taken on the Modern Look and to heck with what there Common Sense functioning purpose should be.
I am in a financial position to be able to afford ANY vehicle I so desire.
To bad I cannot find much I really like anymore.

Ya can't fight the TREND.......

Old 07-04-2010, 02:15 PM

249 posts, read 415,370 times
Stupid idea IMO.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:22 PM

2,017 posts, read 1,550,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
It's a truly pathetic man who thinks that his vehicle somehow makes him a man, validates his manhood, or makes his penis bigger. Real men don't depend on their vehicles to make them men.

My wife & I have driven a lot of Dodge Minivans over the years. They have all be fantastic vehicles, with the exception being a 94 Town & Country.

That said, I think we might as well admit to the fact that the era of the minivan is drawing to a close. They're going the route of the station wagon. There will always be a few around, and a few new ones being sold. But the market for minivans will never be what it once was - even if Chrysler puts special rims and tires on one.

It takes a real man -one who is secure in hi "masculinity" to drive his children around in a minivan-eyeroooolllll.Pathetic is right.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:50 PM

611 posts, read 1,004,794 times
2.5-yr old thread. Seriously ?

Old 12-09-2012, 05:43 PM

703 posts, read 740,191 times
I have talked about it a lot on this site, but our 2005 Dodge Grd Caravan owned since new has 150K on it.
It is fully loaded and has been a great vehicle by anyone's measure.
We will buy another Dodge or Chrysler van for sure.

That Dodge GCV R/T is a nice van for sure..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive