U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 06:51 PM

7,780 posts, read 17,786,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefalcon07 View Post
And the best paste wax u can get is auto magic easy off wax no. 15 from awc, much better than the mcguires that u can buy at walmart. This stuff is only availbale from auto magic distributors.

and I guess you are not a distributor huh? been detailing show cars for 35+ years.. Tried em all. Heard this same thing a hundred times. None of em work as well, is as easy to apply and remove and is an inexpensive as Maquires NXT 2.0.. NONE OF EM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2012, 09:33 AM

13,498 posts, read 29,444,231 times
The Meguires NXT is pretty good stuff, seems to bead for a good while.

My Tundra has the Auto Butler service done on it every six months, it goes through a big machine that strips off and reapplies the sealant. I'm not sure how this differs from Simoniz. For a normal size vehicle I would never consider purchasing a service like this, but for a large truck or SUV it's worth it IMO.

Old 05-29-2012, 04:11 AM

9,326 posts, read 18,983,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesnek View Post
Because, when you purchase this product, it is really not the product you are mostly paying for. It is the warranty that Simoniz offers which is 7 years and has a zero dollar deductible. Much like health insurance or home owners insurance, it is there for piece of mind for the most part. It is not the dealership that is charging that retail, except for the labor cost. It is the the actual company providing the warranty which you get official paperwork and contracts for. Research it before you blast it.
What dealership do you work for?

Old 05-29-2012, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbenn View Post
If you have your doubts check out this video. P.S. the $800 goes to pay for the warranty. The cost of the product itself is minimal, mostly labor.

Simoniz GlassCoat Field Test (PFT) - YouTube
Another junior member with one post.. Must be another dealer employee

Old 05-29-2012, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novadhd5150 View Post
Just wax-claybar your car a few times a year and save the 800 bucks.The video is a paid ad by simioniz!
Posted by a junior member with one post who has been back

Old 01-15-2013, 06:40 PM

1 posts, read 6,458 times
Opinions are like *******s and everybody has one. This product really works

Old 01-15-2013, 07:19 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,324,748 times
I like Zaino and Duragloss, they are pretty similar and the sealant usually last 3-4 months.

Old 03-13-2013, 08:18 AM

2 posts, read 12,655 times
I have been applying simoniz on cars since the days of the "teflon technology" simoniz says that it will last 7 years and my expert opinion says that it doesnt. Most of you car buying people that have no knowledge of detailing don't fully understand the product. You are buying a paint warranty. Simoniz is not a sealant. It is a resin. It does break down over time but it does have the ability to last longer than a wax or sealant. I could go more into detail about it but no one would read it because it would be boring. I do not endorse simoniz cuz its an expensive warranty and gives u a false sense of peace. The issue is knowledge-you were not given the full story on the product. Only that it lasts 7 years and it does not.

Old 03-13-2013, 08:22 AM

2 posts, read 12,655 times
Its good to have different opinions. Its what makes us each unique. There is a much better product that works better than simoniz and truely is permanent. Opticoat 2.0

Old 03-13-2013, 08:31 AM

5,090 posts, read 9,044,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETAIL4LIFE View Post
I have been applying simoniz on cars since the days of the "teflon technology" simoniz says that it will last 7 years and my expert opinion says that it doesnt. Most of you car buying people that have no knowledge of detailing don't fully understand the product. You are buying a paint warranty. Simoniz is not a sealant. It is a resin. It does break down over time but it does have the ability to last longer than a wax or sealant. I could go more into detail about it but no one would read it because it would be boring. I do not endorse simoniz cuz its an expensive warranty and gives u a false sense of peace. The issue is knowledge-you were not given the full story on the product. Only that it lasts 7 years and it does not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETAIL4LIFE View Post
Its good to have different opinions. Its what makes us each unique. There is a much better product that works better than simoniz and truely is permanent. Opticoat 2.0

So what exactly are you trying to sell then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive