U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2010, 05:54 AM

10,139 posts, read 22,404,584 times

Advertisements

Liberals want their kids to ride to school in a big SUV, they just want your kids to go out on the highway in a little electric car. They want to ride uptown in a limo while you take the train. And, they want a 6000 square foot house in the Hamptons, but they want the room temperature in your house controlled by the power company.

BTW, my Summer car is a MB 300SEL; Winter car K2500 454 Suburban (12mpg). Oh, yea, if the weather gets really bad, this black smoke spewing diesel monster comes out:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2010, 09:34 AM

14,095 posts, read 22,963,452 times
My only problem with such large vehicles are the people who are incapable of handling such a large vehicle. Recently saw a lady in a large SUV take about there or four tries before she finally was able to enter a parking space. When leaving a parking space, they can't seem to judge when to cut the wheel and when to hit the brake. Usually takes about three tries before they can finally leave. Guys I work with drive large trucks. They get in and out of the same parking spaces on one try.

Old 08-21-2010, 10:01 AM

101 posts, read 400,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
Liberals want their kids to ride to school in a big SUV, they just want your kids to go out on the highway in a little electric car. They want to ride uptown in a limo while you take the train. And, they want a 6000 square foot house in the Hamptons, but they want the room temperature in your house controlled by the power company.
Care to stereotype any more?

I'm an unashamed bleeding heart liberal. I live in a passive solar home. I have fake grass made from recycled materials. I give to lots of charities that protect the environment. I work from home and have no daily commute. I have a partially vegetarian lifestyle (I like meat and won't give it up, but don't have to eat meat every meal).

Until recently I drove a huge SUV, but since I'm moving to the city soon I've traded it in for a tiny little Jeep Grand Cherokee with a Hemi. I could care less what you drive, unless you are driving it specifically to **** off "liberals." I'm glad those folks that have bumper stickers saying "this car cancels out 5 priuses" allow their rush limbo inspired false stereotype of "liberals" control what they do.

My not-so-environmentally friendly toys over the past few years:

62 tbird and 68 f250

Pair of 1950 Ford sedans with flathead V8s:

1986 Jeep Grand Wagoneer:

Together with the 1982 Cherokee Chief:

Old 08-21-2010, 10:05 AM

26,886 posts, read 38,133,169 times
Why isn't this in the politics forum where all the political hacks can tear into those evil liberals that hate...... whatever it is they hate.

Old 08-21-2010, 10:54 AM

10,139 posts, read 22,404,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old bird View Post

I'm an unashamed bleeding heart liberal. I live in a passive solar home. I have fake grass made from recycled materials. I give to lots of charities that protect the environment. I work from home and have no daily commute. I have a partially vegetarian lifestyle (I like meat and won't give it up, but don't have to eat meat every meal).

Until recently I drove a huge SUV, but since I'm moving to the city soon I've traded it in for a tiny little Jeep Grand Cherokee with a Hemi. I could care less what you drive, unless you are driving it specifically to **** off "liberals." I'm glad those folks that have bumper stickers saying "this car cancels out 5 priuses" allow their rush limbo inspired false stereotype of "liberals" control what they do.

My not-so-environmentally friendly toys over the past few years:

62 tbird and 68 f250

Pair of 1950 Ford sedans with flathead V8s:

1986 Jeep Grand Wagoneer:

Together with the 1982 Cherokee Chief:

Great cars. Just don't drive them to the sprouts store, some goofball with zits and a fanny pack will ask you what country they are from.

Old 08-21-2010, 01:45 PM

38,691 posts, read 86,797,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old bird View Post
LOL. This whole thread trades in stereotypes of countless varieties, and only when one hits close to home do you object.

Old 08-21-2010, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
LOL. This whole thread trades in stereotypes of countless varieties, and only when one hits close to home do you object.
First of all, note that this is my first post in the thread, sorry if I've offended you by not bothering to read and respond to every stereotype presented.

Second, how do you figure this one hits close to home? My point was that it is quite the opposite. In fact the whole premise of the thread is quite the opposite of what I, and most liberals that I know, believe.

Old 08-21-2010, 02:25 PM

How do I suppose it hits close to home? Well duh, you only identified yourself as a member of the class being stereotyped.

Old 08-21-2010, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
How do I suppose it hits close to home? Well duh, you only identified yourself as a member of the class being stereotyped.

Ummmm . . . a stereotype "hits close to home" when it's accurate, not when it's false.

Old 08-21-2010, 03:25 PM

Whatever you say, Semantics Cop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive