U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2010, 09:32 AM

19,122 posts, read 21,403,761 times

Advertisements

Wilson one of them is still at it. I love bein a poser. LOL
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2010, 08:53 PM

10,139 posts, read 22,451,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Wilson one of them is still at it. I love bein a poser. LOL
Hehe. I told you, get outta there with your answer. There are a lot of archived build links in there but they are not always easy to find. When I find one I bookmark it and print it to pdf so I can find it again. I'd say its worth searching for those threads. That newbie thing was just BS though.

Old 08-20-2010, 09:03 PM

I think I might be banned from there about now, but maybe not. Not a good crew of posters really. There is one guy, or to say that one guy I am done with if I am not banned. It might be no one can possible get banned there either. Either way of it I got the info I needed.

Old 08-20-2010, 11:12 PM

7,303 posts, read 22,774,235 times
Quote:
You prefer a auto tranny and like in the Mt's of eastern Tn? Not me. If I lived there it would be all stick shifting fer me. I plow snow and then auto tranny works better since i don't have 3 arms.

Plowing gets busy in NH in a stick though, which can be hard on clutchs. I used to plow that way too. This new way with auto tranny, so far i burned up 4 trannys. I am re-considering going back to cookin off clutches. pain in the but, but cheaper than auto trannies which are almost the same pain in the butt to fix and changed.

We are not in the rugged terrain of east Tennessee... we are in the Tri-Cities metro around 1200-1600 ft elevation, which is in the "valley" that runs parallel from here all the way down through Knoxville and Chattanooga and northeastern Alabama and northwestern Georgia... you have to go almost to extreme extreme east Tennessee almost to the North Carolina state line to hit the really rugged terrain and steep hills. Its mostly all flat (relatively speaking) here where I am... its still hilly in some places depending on where you go, but not like many people think. We dont get much snow either. 10 to 15 inches per year is about it if we are lucky. One year we only measured a couple inches of snow all winter.

I like some manuals, but I have a bum left knee and it hurts when I drive a stick. I drive my dads Nissan truck sometimes and it occasionally bothers me.

Old 08-20-2010, 11:16 PM

3,306 posts, read 9,032,640 times
What a bunch of tools over there on pirate. Bunch of whiny little jokers... mostly kids of course. I have gone their via google a few times pertaining to something I was searching. I don't think I would want to deal with those fools!

Old 08-21-2010, 09:41 AM

Tenn, I think I know about where. I rode up North from Cleveland /Chatanooga, and then crossed east up and down a ridge to be in Tellico area late that day.

Lux, oddly perhaps i haven't been warned... That isn't a site plan to stay on much though. I didn't know that at first and wasted a few posts.

I am seeing things in young men I really don't like there. It appears they have little over all values on much.

Old 08-21-2010, 05:12 PM

3,306 posts, read 9,032,640 times
Quote:
Lux, oddly perhaps i haven't been warned... That isn't a site plan to stay on much though. I didn't know that at first and wasted a few posts.

I am seeing things in young men I really don't like there. It appears they have little over all values on much.
Yeah I wouldn't waste my time over there. Get what you want out of them then get the hell out!

Old 08-21-2010, 09:59 PM

Saw you peeked in my stats. I guess over there 400 posts is a lot. And i thought I was a knuckeldragger LOL

Old 08-22-2010, 12:32 AM

7,303 posts, read 22,774,235 times
Quote:
Tenn, I think I know about where. I rode up North from Cleveland /Chatanooga, and then crossed east up and down a ridge to be in Tellico area late that day.
Oh yeah... and west of the "valley" you do eventually run into the Cumberland Plateau... its pretty hilly. They are actually higher in elevation than we are. Its really nice here I think. However, I do get bored with it.

Old 08-22-2010, 08:27 AM

I spent around 90 days in the area. Lots of things to see and do and on a motorcycle it's even better. I was in 2 places mainly as camps. Cumberland Gap and a TVA over by Green Back.

Being into early American history nearer Cumberland somewhere to the east I think and south I know there is a older cabin off a back road with a double block house barn, all set up the way it should be. I stopped there but no one was around, so I left a note. Never heard back.

In the Smokies Park there is a like barn and farm house public may tour. Just sayin incase you have seen it, so you can know what I mean. If it were a little colder in summers, and there were maple trees to tap I could live there.

I got there out of Ar, and went back and forth about 1/2 a few times. The 06 South Eastern took place there then, a primitive event, and we went to that too, and other places like manskers station, another just over the Va line I forget the name of at the moment.

The South Eastern was at Bledso Pk. I found so flint there to knapp, but never got to work any.

After crossing the USA from Nh to cal Cal to Fla, Fla back to Ar, we bought a van and a big trailer for the bike and it's little trailer. In W'Va. the bike was stolen and everything in the way was too.

2 boxes of rocks 2 50 lbs each were a part of that. I still miss the rocks, one was a carbon plant a old man in Ky gave to me. Other rocks were assorted finds from across the USA. I wish I could have seen the look on the thief's face when he found lots of rocks and a deer skull with antlers on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or