U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 09:32 AM

101 posts, read 400,509 times

Advertisements

I just noticed this general automotive section down here. I've been perusing the forums above trying to find neighborhoods around DC to move to for my new job.

I thought I would post down here, mostly because I'm a pic hound and love to show off my cars! The pictures below show my latest rides, a 62 Thunderbird and 68 F250. I just sold the truck because moving it cross country would cost more than the truck is worth, but there's no way I'm getting rid of the t-bird!

Who else has a classic they like to show off?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2010, 11:23 AM
Status: "Rocktober...well that was fast. :-(" (set 19 days ago)

10,289 posts, read 10,446,371 times
I have a 1966 Mustang coupe, but it is in such a state of disrepair that it is painful for me to look at pictures, much less show them to anyone else.

I like your T-Bird.

Old 08-20-2010, 11:31 AM

968 posts, read 2,098,739 times
lets get shelbygirl in here to show off that corvette she just got!!!!!!

Old 08-20-2010, 11:59 AM

25,801 posts, read 49,697,815 times
I've got a nice 1905 Curved Dash Oldsmobile

Dad brought home a Blue 64 T-Bird Convertible that I got to drive a few times... it was loaded... power everything, cruise, AM FM... luggage, etc.

I was always lowering the top and that is why Dad sold it... a friend of his told him it would cost more than the car was worth if something broke in the top-mechanism...

He bought if for $1100 and sold it for $1700... I really do miss that car.

Dad was in the car business and I had the opportunity to drive a lot of other cars that were keepers... 69 Indy Pace Car Convertible, 73 Z-28, Chevelle SS, Plymouth GTX, Cuda and a Dart Swinger with a 340, 65 AC Cobra, GT-40 and a 71 Pantera... those were the days...

Old 08-20-2010, 12:01 PM

5,229 posts, read 11,484,624 times
I have a '63 Mercury Comet convertible, an old MGB, and a '61 Renault 4CV. Not the oldest cars I've owned, but the oldest I have now.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:15 PM

101 posts, read 400,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
I've got a nice 1905 Curved Dash Oldsmobile
Fun little runabouts - be a little hard to get on the interstate with that, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
Dad brought home a Blue 64 T-Bird Convertible that I got to drive a few times... it was loaded... power everything, cruise, AM FM... luggage, etc.

I was always lowering the top and that is why Dad sold it... a friend of his told him it would cost more than the car was worth if something broke in the top-mechanism...
I love that about this car, from 62 complete with power windows, power seats, power steering and brakes, AC, power top . . .

but yes, every time I lower or raise the top something goes wrong, I've had to really fight with it occasionally. Half a dozen limit switches for every step of the process plus nearly 50 year old hydraulics will do that to you. Can't just leave it up or down though, if you don't move the top regularly it gets much worse.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:19 PM

14,874 posts, read 36,242,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orincarnia View Post
That Corvette is the bomb.

I have a 1968 Camaro Convertible, 1969 Camaro RS/SS, 1969 Mustang Mach I Fastback CJ and not so much a "classic" but fun none the less, 1981 Porsche 911 SC Targa.

That Thunderbird is looking sharp

Old 08-20-2010, 12:26 PM

313 posts, read 358,789 times
I concur - sharp looking T-Bird. Well done!

Old 08-20-2010, 12:50 PM

4,779 posts, read 7,338,897 times
I really like that T-bird!

I have a 64 Fairlane wagon. When I bought it, I had visions of taking my little nieces and cousins out for rides to get ice cream. But, it hasn't been on the road in years.

I just put it up for sale earlier this week, because I finally realized I can't keep up with the car's needs. Because it has been sitting so long, whenever I fix something, something else breaks/dies. I couldn't drive it for quite awhile because it had flat (dryrotted) tires. After I got new tires, I had to replace the carb and fuel pump. After replacing those, the car ran for about 10 seconds. When I tried to start it again, the starter died. If I were to replace the starter, I would then need to rebuild the entire brake system. The poor thing also probably needs the fuel tank flushed, and new fuel lines. All of that is more than this novice tinkerer can handle. So, hopefully, someone who can fully enjoy the car will buy it.

Here are the pictures anyway. I know wagons aren't exactly "cool" but I love the lines of this car.

Old 08-20-2010, 01:37 PM

10,091 posts, read 35,795,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orincarnia View Post
Huh? Did I hear my name mentioned?????

Haven't even had the chance to take new pics. First it was disassembled in the garage, and now it's "out" being worked on...won't get HER back until next Fri.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive