U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you buy a Chinese car?
Yes 2 3.70%
No 37 68.52%
Maybe 15 27.78%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 02:13 AM

2,421 posts, read 6,220,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by topgear View Post
I would buy a chinese pickup with a diesel if it was dirt cheap, it would be basic but if it had the functionality and some relability it would be a good farm run around, or dirt bike hauler. Mahindra(Indian) is launching a TD small pickup here that is kinda of the same thing I am talking about.

How about "The Great utes of China".

Great Wall Motors : X240 4WD SUV : V240 4x4 Dual Cab Ute : V240 Single Cab Ute - Great Wall Motors, Australia
I thought of the same sort of thing, though They don't seem to offer a diesel engine here?

Great Wall Motor Company Limited (http://www.gwm.com.cn/eng/html/models/models.asp - broken link)

Last edited by Kangaroofarmer; 08-28-2010 at 03:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2010, 05:55 AM

42,668 posts, read 71,734,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
A few years back we had Conquered the Japanese and they became our Allies.

Not so today with China, and we will be put to the test with Tiawan and others issues again someday..

What does conquering people have to do with their automotive engineering and value?

Old 08-28-2010, 11:11 AM

689 posts, read 2,725,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
What does conquering people have to do with their automotive engineering and value?
It doesn't and I didn't say it did.

It's me Expessing my Feelings and Values.

I am personally more interersted in the United States Survival then Chinese Automotive Engineering and Value.

Old 08-28-2010, 11:47 AM

42,668 posts, read 71,734,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
It doesn't and I didn't say it did.

It's me Expessing my Feelings and Values.

I am personally more interersted in the United States Survival then Chinese Automotive Engineering and Value.
How does buying Japanese instead of Chinese contribute to United States Survival? What if a Chinese carmaker had a plant in Mississippi? Would you buy one then?

Are you saying that we should always maintain a supply of "conquered countries", so we can have sources of cheap imports without imperiling our own survival? You know, I think you've nailed the fundamental principle of our foreign policy. I wonder if anybody's thought of doing that with oil?

Old 08-28-2010, 12:45 PM

689 posts, read 2,725,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
How does buying Japanese instead of Chinese contribute to United States Survival? What if a Chinese carmaker had a plant in Mississippi? Would you buy one then?

Are you saying that we should always maintain a supply of "conquered countries", so we can have sources of cheap imports without imperiling our own survival? You know, I think you've nailed the fundamental principle of our foreign policy. I wonder if anybody's thought of doing that with oil?
This Country will find out Soon Enough there unbelievable Folley.

China is already gobbleing up Huge quantities of the Worlds remaining Strategic/Vital/Critical natural resources ie: Rare Earths etc.
They already controll 90% of that "Absolutely Critical" available resource.
Our Military and Hi Tech Industies cannot operate without Rare Earths that they depend on China to supply. DUH !!!

Now China is starting to seriuosly restrict the supply. The US even has to go there to build energy Wind Turbines in China factories/plants.
Just ask T.Boone Pickens.

They operate like an Anaconda sqeezing the life out of their Prey.
They now have the Financial upper hand on the US in many areas and are making Crucial Deals all over the globe at an alarming rate with all their New Found Wealth.
They Steal incredible amounts of our Technology and Military/Corporate secrets.
They Leap Frog us, Counterfeit us, and work against us at every opportunity they have, and yet they have us as their Best Customer buying breath taking amounts of low cost products.

Why don't you reply with something of real interest instead of just sarcastic common knowledge ... or are you just looking for verbal arguments.

I've stated my feelings and they are not in context with your comments and assumptions.

No, I would not buy a Chinese Car no matter where it was made until I felt much more comfortable with the US/China overall relationship.

Last edited by silverfox; 08-28-2010 at 01:02 PM..

Old 08-28-2010, 02:21 PM

3,626 posts, read 8,408,281 times
No for a Volvo or any other car

Old 08-28-2010, 02:32 PM

22,161 posts, read 26,671,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outafocus View Post
My guess is the first ones will be about as bad as Detroit cars, but they will improve. That's what happened to Hyundai. If they are reliable, and priced right, I would give one a chance.
Detroit cars are "bad?" All Detroit cars?

Old 08-28-2010, 04:41 PM

224 posts, read 490,570 times
People are quite wary of buying a Chinese car but they make everything else we use, maybe if they had the right engineering help (europeans,japanese ect) they might make a decent run around.

Old 08-28-2010, 05:12 PM

18,165 posts, read 16,693,579 times
Only after they have been sold for at least 10 years and have been proven reliable. Even then, it will be a maybe.

Old 08-28-2010, 05:45 PM

2,497 posts, read 6,246,219 times
Half or more of the products we buy are made in China so to say no would be hypocritical. Maybe, it would depend on the price, styling, quality, features, safety etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive