U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What vehicle would you buy your soon-to-be fiance
2008-2009 Cadillac Escalade 5 12.20%
2010 Lexus RX350 9 21.95%
2010 Cadillac CTS 3 7.32%
2008-2009 BMW 535i 13 31.71%
Other 11 26.83%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 01:42 PM

4,464 posts, read 9,636,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
JustJoy By the first post i thought i was talking to a guy, sorry for the mistake and sorry for insinuating most girls cant tell the difference in cars obviously you are one of the few who can . As for a car as a romantic gift? its a nice gift but ultimately is just a bunch of nuts and bolts,nothing i'd call romantic.
...I don't know about that, had I bought my Fiancé a 70's Stingray, she'd be giving food sex and more sex for decades.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2010, 02:27 PM

4,711 posts, read 10,524,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
...I don't know about that, had I bought my Fiancé a 70's Stingray, she'd be giving food sex and more sex for decades.
"food sex"?

Does that involve cucumbers and stuff like that?

Old 08-29-2010, 02:51 PM

4,464 posts, read 9,636,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
Hehe. He didn't ask but he needed the advice. I say buy the wife whatever she wants, happy wife, happy life. But as for the fiance? No way. Title it to yourself and then sign it over when you get married.

I rep'd a ballplayer who would start a girlfriend out with a new 911. But it was leased. And, if things didn't go so well, the leasing company would stop by and pick up the car.
Considering you know nothing of his situation, his girlfriend or his life, I'd say no, he didn't need some condescending and disrespectful comment about his girlfriend, so again, either give suggestions for cars or accept that not everyone chooses women as poorly as you and be quiet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by car54 View Post
"food sex"?

Does that involve cucumbers and stuff like that?
Lol, there was supposed to be a comma between the two.

Old 08-29-2010, 03:17 PM

2,732 posts, read 2,983,094 times
You're thinking with the WRONG head right now, if you really want to buy her a car, buy a USED Honda Civic. But if it were me, I would not buy her a car at all, does she not have a job? Tell her to buy a car herself!!

Old 08-29-2010, 03:24 PM

8,649 posts, read 14,875,091 times
Quote:
Considering you know nothing of his situation, his girlfriend or his life, I'd say no, he didn't need some condescending and disrespectful comment about his girlfriend, so again, either give suggestions for cars or accept that not everyone chooses women as poorly as you and be quiet.

Lol, there was supposed to be a comma between the two.
Nah....we know where your mind was...LOL

Old 08-29-2010, 03:25 PM

3,359 posts, read 10,637,475 times
I'd go with the CTS, sporty and comfy.

Gee you sure are a nice guy. I've been on this planet for over 60 yrs and nobody has ever bought me a car, no less a new one. The bf won't even let me drive his even though I've never had a ticket or an accident.

Old 08-29-2010, 03:43 PM

9,487 posts, read 13,349,016 times
Take her to a car lot, step out, and let her pick one. Picking it out is half the fun. She might surprise you and go for something totally unexpected.

Old 08-29-2010, 04:23 PM

5,232 posts, read 13,559,938 times
Quote:
...Honestly, I'd ask her. Making the surprise "Hey, we're going to a dealership today, what do you want"
I think it needs to be her choice too. Maybe not taking her to pick it out but start now telling her you both need to think of getting her something a bit more reliable. Spend a day or weekend going to dealerships. Let her test drive some that she finds appealing. It needs to be her choice.

I'm a car person, so it's a bit different for me, but I know if hubby chose a vehicle for me I'd be pissed. He'd never pick what I want (he wants me in a military tank or at the very least a 'respectable' sedan - gag) so I'd rather choose myself. A gift of something he knows I like because we went shopping together would be much better for me.

And congrats!

Old 08-29-2010, 04:37 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,108,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
JustJoy By the first post i thought i was talking to a guy, sorry for the mistake and sorry for insinuating most girls cant tell the difference in cars obviously you are one of the few who can . As for a car as a romantic gift? its a nice gift but ultimately is just a bunch of nuts and bolts,nothing i'd call romantic.
I'm one of those gals who love cars. You should see my garage. I've been around autos in one way, shape or form my entire life. I wouldn't hesitate to say I know more about cars than a lot of men do. I can appreciate a great automobile My husband bought me the new CTS-V when it came out & it's a hot car! I was giggly about it so I guess you can say I thought it was an incredibly sweet gesture. But hey, it's not like he doesn't get the fun of driving it too!

Old 08-29-2010, 05:51 PM

10,139 posts, read 22,419,547 times
Quote:
Oh, did I miss where you were appointed Pope for the Day?

Sorry, I'll have to go over and sit in the corner while Pope 85 gives the orders. - NOT!

Anyone who would buy a girlfriend a car as part of his engagement effort is a fool or so insecure that he needs to buy her affection. Either way OP, don't do it. She won't respect you for it, and if she dumps you you will never live it down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or