Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 08:12 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,683,123 times

Advertisements

with being the most relaxing, satisfying board on CD, IMO. Everyone is cool, i don't think anyone has ever been nasty or facetious here, and above all, it is a place i can go when i want to indulge in the past, namely cars. I came on here shortly after my dad passed in Dec 2008 and i always look forward to coming back. With all the stress in my life it's certainly a great destressor to be able to just speak my mind about things and times gone by without anyone passing judgment. i even sneak on when i'm on my work computer and it helps. if my boss knew i was sneaking on here, as long as i didn't stay long and he knew it helped my productivity (it does) he would not care.

there is no one in my life who understands the meaning of these cars, and it's a pleasure to come here and connect

do you know what it's like to look at the covers of these old brochures that have these relaxing scenes?

thanks guys (I don't think there's any females here tho i could be mistaken)

sincerely

RL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2010, 10:34 PM

894 posts, read 2,315,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
with being the most relaxing, satisfying board on CD, IMO. Everyone is cool, i don't think anyone has ever been nasty or facetious here, and above all, it is a place i can go when i want to indulge in the past, namely cars. I came on here shortly after my dad passed in Dec 2008 and i always look forward to coming back. With all the stress in my life it's certainly a great destressor to be able to just speak my mind about things and times gone by without anyone passing judgment. i even sneak on when i'm on my work computer and it helps. if my boss knew i was sneaking on here, as long as i didn't stay long and he knew it helped my productivity (it does) he would not care.

there is no one in my life who understands the meaning of these cars, and it's a pleasure to come here and connect

do you know what it's like to look at the covers of these old brochures that have these relaxing scenes?

thanks guys (I don't think there's any females here tho i could be mistaken)

sincerely

RL
I agree! The music forums also have a high level of camaraderie. The city and state forums are rife with miserable people who just get pissed if someone dares say anything politically incorrect or bashes their particular city. Or who bashes other cities based solely on perceptions, not actual experience. Here and in the music forums it's just people talking about the things they love and have in common! Keep it up!

Old 09-05-2010, 11:04 AM

1,333 posts, read 3,225,651 times
lol, The Japanese lovers are constantly going at it with the American lovers every other thread.

Old 09-05-2010, 11:51 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
Quote:
with being the most relaxing, satisfying board on CD, IMO. Everyone is cool, i don't think anyone has ever been nasty or facetious here

sincerely

RL
You have not been reading too many threads on here then. I have seen and have been a victum of nastiness from this board many times. Mainly from a few certain individuals. But i get over it quickly. And as Chadro said, it does tend to get nasty between the Big 3 boys and the import Boys.

Old 09-05-2010, 03:57 PM

Default well, the way i'm feeling lately (lousy lousy lousy)

what SEEMS to be a good board IS a good board to me!

Old 09-05-2010, 05:19 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,418,125 times
It is a good informative board....sure...a few disagreements here and there...but EVERYONE has an opinion! And yes, there are a few of us women on board!

Old 09-05-2010, 05:35 PM

Default Ok

good to meet you I'm dying to know what you as a female think of the Fuselage Mopars

Old 09-05-2010, 05:44 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,418,125 times
Quote:
good to meet you I'm dying to know what you as a female think of the Fuselage Mopars
Am I correct in assuming you mean the Dodge, Plymouth and Chrysler muscle cars? If that is the case: Eh!
But you have to realize, my Dad worked for GM for 36 yrs...and I was brought up around GM/Chevy products. The 67 BB Vette is more than enough enjoyment for us for the moment. Don't forsee any of the above mentioned making it into our stable in the near future.

Old 09-05-2010, 06:04 PM

Default so it looks like he saw the GM cars downsized

and all. I saw Chevy Impalas being made when i was 11 in December 1973 at the Tarrytown, NY plant. I still have the brochure.

I love the Chrysler Crossfire and the Chrysler Sebring, but i heard bad things of the latter, not sure of the former tho

Old 09-06-2010, 03:35 PM

2,497 posts, read 7,477,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadro77 View Post
lol, The Japanese lovers are constantly going at it with the American lovers every other thread.
and vice versa. It goes both ways. The die hard American buyers are no less aggressive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive