U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2012, 12:25 PM

5,090 posts, read 9,044,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
A cop (without flashing lights or siren) ran a stop sign in a parking lot and almost hit me. If he was a civilian and the person driving my car was a cop, he would have received a huge ticket and probably been arrested for reckless driving. But what can you do?
Not true. Stop signs in parking lots are not enforceable(as they are on private property). You can not get a ticket for running one either
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2012, 12:38 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,039,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
Not true. Stop signs in parking lots are not enforceable(as they are on private property). You can not get a ticket for running one either
Yeah, they just build those stupidass jog around, ring around the rosie parking lots because folks like you run 'em.

I don't like to have to hit a 2 foot speed bump or drive "figure 8s" to navigate a parking lot because some people do 60 MPH through them while other blow stop signs.

Old 09-08-2012, 12:44 PM

5,090 posts, read 9,044,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverboat Gambler View Post
Yeah, they just build those stupidass jog around, ring around the rosie parking lots because folks like you run 'em.

I don't like to have to hit a 2 foot speed bump or drive "figure 8s" to navigate a parking lot because some people do 60 MPH through them while other blow stop signs.
Where did I say I run them? I just said you can't get a ticket for running one.

Old 09-08-2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Where did I say I run them? I just said you can't get a ticket for running one.
If you mow down a kid or slam into someones vehicle...............it WILL be your fault.

Stop means stop!

Old 09-08-2012, 12:58 PM

Yeah....my big mall parking lot is like entering a no outlet subdivision now. The days of the flat open parking lot when you were able to hug the outside of the mall as you drove around are long gone. Doing a nice round circle without jogging was too much for speedsters. It like an obsticle course on purpose now to slow you down. I hate it and it bottlenecks traffic up.
I want to drive a speedway....not a road course. The money spent on all the landscaping seems a waste too. It's just something else to back into or hit in the winter.

Old 09-09-2012, 11:41 AM

2,256 posts, read 3,386,642 times
Quote:
Every state has diffeent rules for that.. In most states you can indeed get ticketed for that.. Here in ct its by parking lot size.. 12 or more spots.. some states its whether if its accesiable to the public etc... You really think "private property" would just have NO rules or way to enforce???

Old 09-10-2012, 01:01 PM

751 posts, read 1,510,681 times
The one thing visibly apparent in this thread is an inherent distrust in our Law Enforcement, a common belief among the general population. I'd be curious to see survey results (if any) about how respondents actually feel towards their Law Enforcement unit.

There may be many "good" cops out there, but too often will I see a "bad" cop abuse his power by running red lights (without the siren), excessively speed (again, without the siren) or hassling someone during a traffic stop as a show of power, etc.

Even if these "bad cop" events are infrequent, it's an image that needs to be cleaned up. Heck, I'd venture to say these issues are part of a larger problem - a lack of trust in our own governmental body.

Old 09-10-2012, 04:18 PM

1,302 posts, read 2,344,471 times
The problem is that cops are being used to generate revenue from motorists into state and local coffers, instead of being used to protect the public from actual criminals.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
The problem is that cops are being used to generate revenue from motorists into state and local coffers, instead of being used to protect the public from actual criminals.
True...like my post about $250 first offense noise violations. Second offense is $500. Third is $1,000.
There ain't no Harley pipes or car stereo that f***ing loud!

Old 09-10-2012, 07:25 PM

We don't stop for EXTORTION!

Saigon Kick - Body Bags - YouTube

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or