Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 08:44 AM

7,639 posts, read 18,116,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
That is really out of line regardless. Whatever she does for a living is her own business.
That's your opinion.

Not when she comes on here bragging about her car...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2010, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosecitywanderer View Post
It doesn't matter if you ask her in person, online, via Morse code, smoke signals, sign language or grunts...it's still none of your business and very rude to ask.
Again, that's your opinion. I'm entitled to mine.

Old 09-07-2010, 08:48 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,405,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
That's your opinion.

Not when she comes on here bragging about her car...
Those that know me on this forum know it is not a brag...I certainly won't lose any sleep over your opinion tonight...because I'll be off picking up the V10!

Old 09-07-2010, 08:57 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
Those that know me on this forum know it is not a brag...I certainly won't lose any sleep over your opinion tonight...because I'll be off picking up the V10!
Congrats !

Old 09-07-2010, 09:24 AM

Okay, okay, I admit my question was rude. But it was not undeserved by the OP.

So many people are struggling, so many are having a hard time...and she makes a thread specifically designed to flaunt her extravagantly expensive car. That, I feel, is wrong - just as wrong as me asking her what she does and what she makes. So have at it.

Old 09-07-2010, 09:52 AM

968 posts, read 2,623,210 times
Quote:

So many people are struggling, so many are having a hard time...and she makes a thread specifically designed to flaunt her extravagantly expensive car. That, I feel, is wrong - just as wrong as me asking her what she does and what she makes. So have at it.
advice: leave the car forum. if you're going to be butt hurt about people showing off their cars no matter how expensive then you aren't emotionally prepared to engage in conversation.

go work to earn your own, thats what i'm doing.

she's living the american dream and so can you, go do it.

@shelbygirl I'M GREEN WITH ENVY!!!! congratulations on grabbing that car so quickly!!!

to think I live 300 miles from the car I drool over every day! i have shown your album to all my car friends! you are livin the dream!

Last edited by Orincarnia; 09-07-2010 at 10:01 AM..

Old 09-07-2010, 09:58 AM

10,915 posts, read 31,385,275 times
As an enthusiast, ShelbyGirl1 is sharing her excitement with her new car, not being nasty about others not being able to afford one, or even if they can afford ten, cannot secure one because they're not on the list for the allotment.

People are always going to have perceived inequalities, and there are always people struggling, but sharing an automotive arrival in a forum dedicated to automobiles is not bragging, IMO. And, money has limited powers in what it can accomplish, since it does not remove all strife from one's life, despite the apparent comfort it can bring through material possessions.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 09-07-2010, 10:13 AM

4,500 posts, read 12,337,523 times
Quote:

Uh... it's an automotive forum.

She obviously has the money, and she obviously wants to spend it on a car, if you think people should contribute more to those who struggle in a society, vote to get a social structure more like it.

As far as her personal purchases and spendings go, it's her case, no one else. And if she's excited about her new car, she has just as much right to brag and flaunt it as someone who just landed a new job.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:51 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
Quote:
We bought our first R8 from the same dealership, but in SC. Very few dealers got allocations for this car. Here in Houston...I would have been 4 or 5 th on their list....We had told the SC dealership when we bought the coupe, we would be interested...that was 2 yrs ago...and to put us on their list then. They did...and that is how we were able to snag a spot. It just so happened it was going to the NC dealership....The Houston dealership has yet to even have their ONE allocation built...as most dealerships around the country. I hear Dallas has one...which the owner of the dealership is keeping for himself. Only 250 of these cars coming into the US for 2011.

Yes, there is one in Dallas. Hubby and daughter saw it this weekend. I just saw the pics ..... darn soccer practice. Maybe the guy will bring it back out to Cars & Coffee next month. Or I can see yours this weekend And there is a room here and a garage for the baby if you need it on the way back home My daughter said she would sleep in it to make sure no one bothered it. LOL!!!

Quote:
LOL...oh it's a done deal. Some North Carolina football player (can't remember his name) wants it bad...they have a hefty down payment from us and have been holding it for the last 6 months!
They also have strict instructions, NO ONE drives it...better not have more than 10 miles on the speedo and either want it roped off or kept isolated in the back.

Then tell that dude in the second pic to GET HIS HANDS OFF IT AND DO NOT LEAN ON IT! Lol.

I bet they do have some people there that would want it. It does take making connections to get on the lists for these things.

Quote:
LOL...Let's make that: SILLY BOY! R8 V10 SPYDERS ARE FOR GIRLS!"

(Although DH will fight me tooth and nail on that!)

Quote:

Then do NOT read this thread of forum. Don't read any forums for that matter. Especially if it is about cars or houses, clothes, furniture, etc. There are ALWAYS going to be people that have more. You can win the next big lotto and still there are going to be more people out there that have more money than you. What they do with it and how they got it is no ones business. If they have the money to spend on things they want...... so be it. After all, it is because those w/ disposable income that do spend it that is keeping this economy going right now. If you want anyone that has the big bucks to stop spending it on anything some view as "extravagant" then you better be prepared to be even more broke than you are already.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know you are going to enjoy having her.

Old 09-07-2010, 01:03 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,588,476 times
beautiful car. arguably one of the best cars you can spend money on right now. My 2010 S4 comes close ... but not nearly close enough. Enjoy it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive