U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2010, 04:24 PM

59 posts, read 104,511 times

Advertisements

Hi there,

I recently got a speeding ticket in NYC. I was not aware I was speeding at the time. I got pulled over and was given a ticket. The only thing is that the ticket does not display the speed I was doing or the violation code. NOTHING. It just says the type of laser they used. Nothing more.

I went to the TVB to take care of it and they stamped the ticket saying "Motorist appeared" and all they said was: Keep checking in. The ticket is still not in their database a week after the fact.

I am freaking out about the idea of going to court plus I am moving to Atlanta, GA and the trip to NY could cost me more than a ticket.
Is there any way the ticket could get dismissed without a court appearance since it lacks such important information?

Please someone give me a clue. Thank you.

Last edited by Boonieboy; 09-06-2010 at 04:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2010, 04:39 PM

42,668 posts, read 71,538,289 times
Someone please give me a clue.

Sorry, I don't have one!

Old 09-06-2010, 04:50 PM

12,120 posts, read 27,530,749 times
Default if it mentioned the laser

used, perhaps the details are computerized and the officer isn't providing them handwritten? maybe you could call the precinct that ticketed you and ask how that's done?

Old 09-06-2010, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
used, perhaps the details are computerized and the officer isn't providing them handwritten? maybe you could call the precinct that ticketed you and ask how that's done?
I actually did call the precinct but they decided to be a bunch of fat asses eating donuts and not help me out. Their answer was: We're busy, call the DMV.

Old 09-06-2010, 06:12 PM

30,881 posts, read 24,210,085 times
make a photo copy of the original ticket you were given, and go to the ADA of the traffic court, and tell them since you have no speed listed on your ticket that it is not a valid ticket. and see what they say.

Old 09-06-2010, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
make a photo copy of the original ticket you were given, and go to the ADA of the traffic court, and tell them since you have no speed listed on your ticket that it is not a valid ticket. and see what they say.
I'm sorry, don't mean to come off dumb but what's ADA? I'm a foreigner.

Old 09-06-2010, 09:48 PM

3,306 posts, read 9,009,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boonieboy View Post
I'm sorry, don't mean to come off dumb but what's ADA? I'm a foreigner.
Assistant District Attorney. I have never been to court were there wasn't one of them to deal with before meeting the judge. They reduce the charge 9 times of 10. They want you to think they are merciful and caring. They are not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or