U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 04:51 PM

13,393 posts, read 42,738,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
You guys (and girls!) all crack me up.

I guess next time I create a car thread, I should state that I have two mechanic friends mere blocks from my house, as well as a cousin who can fix anything with just a rubber band and toothpick about 5 miles from me. Or how I have a brother who has owned, repaired, and maintained a 25 year old Jeep all by himself. But, seeing as how that's not what this thread was about, I didn't see the need.

Merc63, thank you for your story. I will be sure to post a pic of the small SUV I get for less than $3,000 as soon as I get it, which will hopefully be in the next 3 weeks.

M3 Mitch, the "MA" stands for my initials, not my parental status
Actually that changes things a lot - most people don't have resources like that close to hand. The average suburbanite Joe (or Jane) would be dumping money into most $3K cars for repairs at a shop, or worse take it to a chain garage or dealer.

Given all that I am leaning more towards a Jeep Cherokee (not Grand, regular Cherokee) with a 4.0. You can find these in your price range, and if it has a few needs you can get that taken care of cheaply and easily (relatively speaking)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2010, 05:04 PM

1,302 posts, read 2,344,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
Gents. Take a look at MAthebanker's picture icon. She's a gal. If she was a guy she'd probably go by PAthebanker.
profile says "MAtheBanker profile is accessible only for friends", but I figured that she's probably female, since someone who considers Jeeps "sexy" would most likely be attracted to the male persuasion.

Old 09-10-2010, 05:08 PM

10,754 posts, read 25,537,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
You guys (and girls!) all crack me up.

I guess next time I create a car thread, I should state that I have two mechanic friends mere blocks from my house, as well as a cousin who can fix anything with just a rubber band and toothpick about 5 miles from me. Or how I have a brother who has owned, repaired, and maintained a 25 year old Jeep all by himself. But, seeing as how that's not what this thread was about, I didn't see the need.
Ouch...I was just giving an opinion on the misleading ad, and on CR-Vs in general. Good luck.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 09-10-2010, 05:11 PM

3,852 posts, read 8,026,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
Actually that changes things a lot - most people don't have resources like that close to hand. The average suburbanite Joe (or Jane) would be dumping money into most $3K cars for repairs at a shop, or worse take it to a chain garage or dealer.

Given all that I am leaning more towards a Jeep Cherokee (not Grand, regular Cherokee) with a 4.0. You can find these in your price range, and if it has a few needs you can get that taken care of cheaply and easily (relatively speaking)
I'm still leaning towards a Jeep. I like the look of them, they're affordable, and since my brother has so much experience with them, I think I'll be safe should it need something done.

Old 09-10-2010, 05:17 PM

13,393 posts, read 42,738,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
profile says "MAtheBanker profile is accessible only for friends", but I figured that she's probably female, since someone who considers Jeeps "sexy" would most likely be attracted to the male persuasion.
Not the photo, but the icon under the screen name. The first one on the left, the little cartoon picture of a guy or a gal. Look at mine, it indicates I have selected "male" as my gender. Although if you look at the photo you will see I am a vodka-drinking Siamese cat somewhere in Moscow (but don't tell everybody).

MA's icon shows "female" is selected in her profile.

Took me a while to wise up to that.

Several gals on the forum have not bothered to set their profile, it defaults to "male" apparently.

Old 03-06-2015, 07:31 PM

1 posts, read 556 times
I'm looking for a Mazda tribute, Honda crv or Acura mdx
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or