Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 12:16 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
wrong. Show my any accord that runs in the 12's with nos. No other work. No suspension, no slicks, nothing, You have no clue. They are all 16 second cars at best. I see all the crap boxes at Atco that run every weekend.. All the kids sweat their accords run in the 12's and can't crack the 15's.
Speaking of having no clue, "they are all 16-second cars at best?" A stock V6 Accord with a manual runs 0-60 in the upper 5s and the 1/4 in the low 14s. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think it would take too much work to lop just over a second off that time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 12:53 PM

6,367 posts, read 16,872,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I have not, for the past 25 or so years, knowingly exceeded the speed limit.
Thanks.

Between you and the guy in the other thread who says:

"Hott chicks DO drive GM's J bodied vehicles. I did some research over the last few weeks while driving"

I've gotten my daily chuckle out of the way

Old 09-15-2010, 03:49 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,086,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Speaking of having no clue, "they are all 16-second cars at best?" A stock V6 Accord with a manual runs 0-60 in the upper 5s and the 1/4 in the low 14s. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think it would take too much work to lop just over a second off that time.
I know for a fact that V6 Altima's can run 13's with very little work. I know this because one embarrassed me in my G35 when I first got it a few years back. My car is in the 13's too (modded a bit since I go it) but those darn Altima's aren't slow. They aren't race cars but definitely have more than enough oomph to have some fun off the track where the majority of most people's driving is done. I decided to avoid going FI on my G35 and just invest in suspension which is exactly what I've done.

Old 09-15-2010, 04:15 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,423,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
I always find it funny when they talk about a street race and then list the cars as an Accord and an Altima...yeah, there's a real race for ya.
LOL.. Funny you say that, most people acting like buffons on the road don't really drive fast cars. Always a riced out family sedan (import and domestic, with "performance" parts (read stickers and LED lights) from Autozone of all places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
I bet the Accord beat the Altima.
Not sure. IF we're talking V6, I say the Altima would win...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
If you are looking at legit racers, the old 5.0's and 4th gen F-bodies are still some of the preferred rides. The field has definitely expanded with a lot of imports too, but when we are talking imports, we aren't talking Accords and Altimas.

I don't see these types of "races" as being between enthusiasts, more about "appendage length" contests between some dumb kids with too much time on their hands. Putting these kind of people into the bucket with "enthusiasts/racers" gives them way more credit and legitimacy than they deserve.
So true. Repped you on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
They were on their way to White Castle.
These burgers can be decent, depending on how hungry you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axle grease View Post
Cell phones cause more damn accidents than any street racers both for the young and old. How does one text and drive at the same time? Honk your horn sometime at one. I bet bet they never even saw you?
I always do. You guys should drive in Miami once in your lives, and see what I'm talking about. Some of you might not make it back on that plane home.

Old 09-15-2010, 05:11 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,878,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post

nope your wrong. I live it every weekend.. v6 accords are lucky to get into the 15's stock.. With a GOOD driver.. most kids run 16's with em at the strip.. See it every weekend..

Old 09-15-2010, 05:15 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,878,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
I know for a fact that V6 Altima's can run 13's with very little work. I know this because one embarrassed me in my G35 when I first got it a few years back. My car is in the 13's too (modded a bit since I go it) but those darn Altima's aren't slow. They aren't race cars but definitely have more than enough oomph to have some fun off the track where the majority of most people's driving is done. I decided to avoid going FI on my G35 and just invest in suspension which is exactly what I've done.
nope,. again.. You guys are reading C&D too much lol. Real world numbers ain't what the rags say.. I have never seen any Altima near stock get anywhere near those numbers in the real world.. Show me your timeslip.. Scan it here.. On the internet, everyone has 12 second cars.. Prove it..

Old 09-15-2010, 05:17 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,014,058 times
There won't be a rematch.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:44 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,528,095 times
Quote:
nope,. again.. You guys are reading C&D too much lol. Real world numbers ain't what the rags say.. I have never seen any Altima near stock get anywhere near those numbers in the real world.. Show me your timeslip.. Scan it here.. On the internet, everyone has 12 second cars.. Prove it..
Since you don't believe the multiple car mags that have done instrument test on the car then why don't you go test drive a V6 Altima for yourself because I doubt you'd believe anyone here unless you do it for yourself.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:57 PM

3,511 posts, read 5,306,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Since you don't believe the multiple car mags that have done instrument test on the car then why don't you go test drive a V6 Altima for yourself because I doubt you'd believe anyone here unless you do it for yourself.
I think I can kinda agree with him on this one. 12 seconds...... come on guys 12 seconds is real damn fast. A stock Z06 runs 11's and a LS1 SS can run in the low 12's. You are gonna need a lot of Nos and or PSI in a turbo to get close to those numbers. I agree, everyone has 12 second cars and if you ask on a certain day it would be 10's. Lets get real here! It seems all these tuner guys have something to prove. The really fast guys don't feel the need to show off and brag about how fast their car isn't!

Old 09-15-2010, 08:04 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times
Quote:
nope your wrong. I live it every weekend.. v6 accords are lucky to get into the 15's stock.. With a GOOD driver.. most kids run 16's with em at the strip.. See it every weekend..
Nope, I'm not wrong. 0-60 in the 5.8 range and 1/4 around 14.2 is not only possible, but has been done repeatedly. Those are not "ringer" numbers. The V6 Accord has serious guts. So does the V6 Altima for that matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive