Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 06:50 AM

6,367 posts, read 16,793,832 times

Advertisements

One thing that irritates me is to get behind someone who's coming up on a red light or stopped traffic and they start slowing down about a half-mile before they have to stop and then just creep up on the car ahead of them at about 1 mph for the last hundred or so feet. Just get there and stop.

It's most likely the same people who, in stop and go traffic, keep 20 or more car lengths between them and the car just ahead.

The left lane hog thing has been beat to death, so what else you got?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 06:53 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,256,002 times
The swerving in and out of their lane as they text, phone, eat, doing anything and everything BUT drive! These are the ones who think they can multitask.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:07 AM

41 posts, read 176,687 times
Attempting to make a right-hand turn at a busy intersection with limited visibility only to have the driver behind you creep up into your line of sight so he/she can go left. Back off, jerk, and wait your frickin' turn!

Old 09-15-2010, 07:22 AM

20,058 posts, read 18,211,140 times
Moving over to the slow lane only to be tailgated!

Old 09-15-2010, 07:28 AM

10,165 posts, read 20,698,179 times
People who are quick to bolt out into traffic while exiting a driveway or parking lot and cut you off, then slow down and drive like a snail in front of you.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:38 AM

3,024 posts, read 4,970,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
One thing that irritates me is to get behind someone who's coming up on a red light or stopped traffic and they start slowing down about a half-mile before they have to stop and then just creep up on the car ahead of them at about 1 mph for the last hundred or so feet. Just get there and stop.

It's most likely the same people who, in stop and go traffic, keep 20 or more car lengths between them and the car just ahead.

The left lane hog thing has been beat to death, so what else you got?
I do that. You're not racing. You don't always have to be on the gas or the brake. We're both going to be waiting at the light anyway.

The one that irritates me most is not having lights on when raining.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:44 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,256,104 times
Hugging the left lane, lack of use of the turn signal, sudden lane changes, lane hopping, people driving with a gangsta lean, drivers who don't realize their turn signal is on and drive for miles without turning it off, tailgaters, women on cellphones yapping or putting on make up while driving. More to come.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:45 AM

4,472 posts, read 17,624,447 times
People who are going 90 mph in the right-hand lane and then quickly dart across 5 lanes of traffic to get to their exit nearly causing an accident.

Snowbirds who want to get the $5 special at a local restaurant and decide it's intelligent to venture out on the interstate at 4:30 pm and have no idea how to keep up with traffic and leisurely cruise in the left-hand lane at 50 mph oblivious to the 500 vehicles backed up behind them.

Jackasses on sport bikes who feel they can cruise in between lanes, swerve in and out of cars, and tailgate every large vehicle they can.

Drivers of semi-luxury automobiles (3 Series, C-Class, etc) that feel they own the road and need to make other drivers aware they are driving a the cheapest model of luxury brand that they can't afford with a $600/ month lease payment.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:52 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,910,551 times
There are so many different things...and it all depends on the region of the country you are in. Some areas have decent drivers, some states appear to just give licenses away.

Not having lights on while raining or driving too fast in inclement weather, weaving in and out of traffic and cutting people off, not using your turn signal, driving on the median to get to your destination when the traffic is stopped because apparently getting to your destination is more important than the emergency vehicles (It is gratifying when a cop is smart enough to station themselves on the median to ticket those drivers), ridiculous multi-tasking - I am okay with cellphones (talking for the most part but what about putting mascara on when driving 60+ mph or other tasks that require use of the mirror when driving, smokers that flick their cigarette butts out the window, definitely texting while driving especially because it is illegal in most of the states I drive in!, and those that don't let anyone over when they have their turn signal on. I always let people over as long as they don't hesitate. If you want over, hurry up!

Wow...that was so therapeutic!

Old 09-15-2010, 08:10 AM

6,556 posts, read 11,179,287 times
all the above - in essence, a lack of common sense and a sense of entitlement.

While I agree that not using a turn signal annoys me - what annoys me more are those that by having a turn signal on, then its okay to cut people off or expect others to immediately let you into their lane. Also - a signal is just that - a sign of what you are intending to do, not what you are currently doing, or what you just did. Flipping that signal on half-way into your turn or after I've already slammed on my breaks to avoid hitting you doesn't really help.

And the phone thing has already been mentioned... but that really takes the cake. I don't care how bored you are in the car or how important your call is... no reason to be putting yourself and others in danger by holding a lengthy conversation while holding up traffic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive