U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2011, 02:06 AM

470 posts, read 986,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I'm guilty of doing this but I have a good excuse...

Once I was waiting patiently at the left turn lane about four cars back and properly spaced. Left arrow turns green and the cars in front make their turn but not the guy in front of me, he doesn't move a bit! We miss our chance to get thru the intersection and I'm late to get to the pharmacy and get my hyper-tension and tourette medication and I'm getting PO'd and frothing just a tiny amount.

I bang on his window and say; "hey buddy, how 'bout some consideration for us workin' stiffs back here!" Guy ignores me completely as he's got his eyes closed like he's sleeping but is really rigid and appears to have a death grip on his steering wheel. What a jerk.

I wipe off the spittle from his window with my shirt sleeve and go back to my car, give the universal signal of "hey, whada ya gonna do" to the growing line of drivers behind us and we eventually managed to get around Rip Van Winkle and go on our way. I was a bit late to get to the pharmacy but after banging on the door for a while they finally came and got me my pills.

I always leave enough room now so that don't happen again.
This is extremely odd. Why did you not just honk, and then make your way around?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2011, 07:00 AM

10,139 posts, read 22,482,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nidex View Post
This is extremely odd. Why did you not just honk, and then make your way around?
I think this was sarcasm. Hopefully.

Old 02-13-2011, 05:08 PM

255 posts, read 690,502 times
Cutting you off to make a last minute turn.

Driving in the right hand lane to pass traffic and then force their way over because the realize there's a parked car in that lane.

Driving below the speed limit in the fast lane.

Slowly accelerating on the freeway on ramp.

Making a right turn into my lane causing me to slow down.

Sticking out to far while trying to come out of a driveway causing me to squeeze through or change lanes.

Making a right turn while I'm making a left turn to the same street when I have the green arrow.

Not knowing the left turn "yield on green" rule.

Sleeping at the light.

Holding up traffic to make an illegal left turn.

Old 02-14-2011, 04:30 PM

1,097 posts, read 1,565,054 times
I don't think I've seen this mentioned yet, but people using the middle turn lane as an on-ramp when coming out of a side road. And then they honk at you when you don't let them in.

Old 02-18-2011, 11:59 AM

6,725 posts, read 11,216,257 times
1) When there's a wide lane on the right and some idiot tries to fit in side by side with you in that lane. The exception is when you're stopped and they want to turn right.

2) People who tailgate you aggressively and highbeam you when you're already going 10+ over the speed limit and not in the leftmost lane. I respond to the highbeaming by washing my windshield, thus the liquid ends up splashing on their car as well. Gets them to back off 90% of the time.

Old 02-18-2011, 12:14 PM

2,406 posts, read 6,812,777 times
Switching lanes (or weaving in and out of lanes) without putting on turn signals. Dont you realize if I am switching lanes and can't tell that you are since your signals aren't on, that can cause an accident?

People who won't let you in if you need to get in the right or left lane to turn off....people in FL seem to all be in a hurry and never have an extra second to let you into their lane.

Speaking of FL drivers....used to drive a small sports car and was CONSTANTLY getting cut off, people would pull out just seconds in front of me, it was terrible. Traded it in for a huge SUV and for one reason or another they stopped doing it!

Old 02-18-2011, 12:19 PM

6,725 posts, read 11,216,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davachka View Post
People who won't let you in if you need to get in the right or left lane to turn off....people in FL seem to all be in a hurry and never have an extra second to let you into their lane.
Also people who don't get into the turn lane and still make the turn anyways, especially when there's a line in the turn lane and they want to cut in front by turning from the next lane over. Almost got into an accident once b/c of this.

Old 02-18-2011, 12:27 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,011,377 times
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but I cannot stand it when people are going to make a right turn, and swing out to the left in order to turn right. It's not like they have a tractor trailer, it impedes traffic when no one can get around them.

It happens all the time on my way to and from work. These are not busy streets either, the speed limit is 25-35 range, but this morning on the way to work, a guy was turning left onto a side road, and swung so far to the right that I thought he was going to hit the curb. Just a pet peeve! Grr.

Also: no turn signals when switching lanes in busy traffic (and most other times)!

Last edited by beatlecrazy; 02-18-2011 at 12:28 PM.. Reason: too busy ranting; spelling

Old 02-18-2011, 12:41 PM

874 posts, read 1,353,114 times
Honking! I hate people who honk for no good reason. People should only honk to let other people notice that they're about to hit them or get in a wreck with other people.

Old 02-18-2011, 01:02 PM

255 posts, read 690,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlecrazy View Post
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but I cannot stand it when people are going to make a right turn, and swing out to the left in order to turn right. It's not like they have a tractor trailer, it impedes traffic when no one can get around them.
I hate that too. The only I do that is when I'm turning to fit into a tight parking space but when I do, I look to see if anyone is next to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or