U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 11:26 AM

15,742 posts, read 22,000,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiCoupe View Post
I agree it's risky. Sometimes I honk if I feel they're too close. And sometimes they look at me crazy.
I just honked at someone the other day for that! In a perfect world, it would be fine - but far too many people would turn into the wrong lane for it to be considered safe IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2012, 11:28 AM

2,166 posts, read 2,141,689 times
kidyankee, Whats more annoying than those bypassing the traffic are the people that let them in after they do it. I refuse to let people in when they do that. I hope they miss their turn.

It also drives me nuts when you have two lanes going in the same direction on the highway and there are two drivers going the same speed in each lane and there is not one car in front of either one of them. Wouldnt they think...hmmm.. there is a line of cars behind me, maybe I am driving to slow and should pull into the slow lane to let everyone pass. I dont get it, if I see someone approaching me at at a rate faster than what I am driving I always move over for them.

Old 07-05-2012, 12:36 PM

1,158 posts, read 1,320,707 times
Motorists who drive in the turning lane on an undivided road. That lane is to turn either right or left, it is not an extra lane for traffic!

The slowpoke who drives 20 to 35 mph slower than the posted speed limit when there are good driving conditions in the fast lane of traffic. If you must drive that slowly, stay in the right lane!

The dope who passes slower traffic only to get caught at the red light.

Old 07-05-2012, 01:23 PM

15,742 posts, read 22,000,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
kidyankee, Whats more annoying than those bypassing the traffic are the people that let them in after they do it. I refuse to let people in when they do that. I hope they miss their turn.
That frustrates me too, but I'd rather let some jackwagon in than have him sideswipe my car. You know it would be his fault, but once the cops got there, it's his word vs yours.

I actually had to be "that guy" who cut into a long line of cars the other day. The left lane getting onto 95 N backs up for miles in CT, and I got on at the last exit to the connector, which meant I had to immediately cut across 3 lanes and get into the line. Nobody would let me in, thinking I was the guy who sped from behind the line when, in reality, I had just entered the highway.

Oh well.

Old 07-06-2012, 11:33 AM

2,166 posts, read 2,141,689 times
kidyankee, I was at the GW bridge once and this guy in a van was going to clearly swipe my front end if I didnt let him in. I had kept inching and it pissed him off so he just pushed his way in. He knew I was mad so he proceeded to stop and wave probably 20 cars around him. Meanwhile he was throwing empty bottles and cans at my car. I was a little scared to say the least, wasnt sure what this guy was going to do. He finally stopped and went on his way. Unbelievable

Old 07-06-2012, 11:36 AM

8,510 posts, read 11,393,776 times
- people who go into your lane just ahead of you right before stopping at a red light, without signaling.
- people on the highway who speed up only to hit their brakes a couple seconds later - you suck at aggressive driving.
- people who slow down approaching a green light intersection... then when it turns yellow, they accelerate, leaving you stuck at the red.
- people who feather the brakes while going a regular speed, for no reason at all.
- people in the left lane who change into the right lane coming to a red light just because there wasn't a car there... they prevent you from making that right on red which is permitted here.
- people who use the HOV lane as a personal cruising @ 60mph lane and there are a lineup of cars right behind them.
- people who stay in the right lane regardless of merging onramp traffic - and no, these people aren't getting off at the very next exit.

Just a lot of situations where people are not aware of wtf is going on around them or simply have no courtesy.

Old 07-06-2012, 11:43 AM

8,510 posts, read 11,393,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I actually had to be "that guy" who cut into a long line of cars the other day. The left lane getting onto 95 N backs up for miles in CT, and I got on at the last exit to the connector, which meant I had to immediately cut across 3 lanes and get into the line. Nobody would let me in, thinking I was the guy who sped from behind the line when, in reality, I had just entered the highway.
The difference is some people cut in right at the last second... you could cut in way in the back which is much more acceptable.

Bet you most of those people who feel they can cut ahead in a car wouldn't stand up to people if not in a big tin can.

Old 07-06-2012, 11:53 AM

833 posts, read 1,417,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post

It also drives me nuts when you have two lanes going in the same direction on the highway and there are two drivers going the same speed in each lane and there is not one car in front of either one of them. Wouldnt they think...hmmm.. there is a line of cars behind me, maybe I am driving to slow and should pull into the slow lane to let everyone pass. I dont get it, if I see someone approaching me at at a rate faster than what I am driving I always move over for them.

Blame it on idiots who are too lazy to over ride their cruise control

EXAMPLE..............person in right lane is driving at exactly 70.
Person behind them has cruise set at about 70.5

Yes, eventually they will pass the car going 70, but it will take a loooooong distance to do it.

Too lazy to get off cruise control for even a minute !

Old 07-06-2012, 03:22 PM

5,147 posts, read 3,608,589 times
Tailgaters. I hate tailgaters so much. They stress me out. Especially when they are in a huge, menacing truck or SUV. A few days ago I was tailgated - down the road and through McDonalds - by a jacked-up Silverado SS. Does it make them feel like more of a man intimidating Honda Accords?

Old 07-06-2012, 04:32 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,732,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
People who are quick to bolt out into traffic while exiting a driveway or parking lot and cut you off, then slow down and drive like a snail in front of you.

This x 1000!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or