Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 09:37 PM

2,059 posts, read 5,747,294 times

Advertisements

I'm also a red light coaster. Take my foot off the gas and the light turns to green before I'm anywhere near braking. I'm saving your gas too you know!

I hate people who weave at 100mph on the highway. Just because you think you're a safe driver at that speed doesn't mean others are skilled enough to not lose it as you pull in front of them with a whisker of room.

I also hate people who are doing 90 in the fast lane while applying makeup or on their cell phone.

And speeding with your kids in the car. Especially if they're not strapped in, which I still see a lot.

Also if you pull up to my ass when I'm doing 65 in the right lane of the 55mph highway, I'll slow down until you move.

Plus - do Lexus even put lights in those signals? Because I've yet to see a Lexus driver in Chicago use them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 09:47 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,519,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagojlo View Post
I'm also a red light coaster. Take my foot off the gas and the light turns to green before I'm anywhere near braking. I'm saving your gas too you know!

I hate people who weave at 100mph on the highway. Just because you think you're a safe driver at that speed doesn't mean others are skilled enough to not lose it as you pull in front of them with a whisker of room.

I also hate people who are doing 90 in the fast lane while applying makeup or on their cell phone.

And speeding with your kids in the car. Especially if they're not strapped in, which I still see a lot.

Also if you pull up to my ass when I'm doing 65 in the right lane of the 55mph highway, I'll slow down until you move.

Plus - do Lexus even put lights in those signals? Because I've yet to see a Lexus driver in Chicago use them.
With you there. My wife laughs at me using my turn signal in a store parking lot like Walmart. I tell her I do this for two reasons; 1. to keep in the habit of always using my turn signal and 2. to let the idiots (drivers and walkers) know where I'm going and what I'm doing.

Old 09-15-2010, 09:59 PM

1,266 posts, read 5,611,373 times
* People who use the white line as their guide on what to do. Ok idiot you need to merge into traffic, not ride the white line until the last second.

* People who make right hand turns from the left lane in front of traffic.. wth?? I've seen this several times in Northern VA.

* People who must pass everyone going from the right to left lane and then back to the right lane while swerving and cutting people off and not using turn signal just to take an exit shortly there after. Just stay in the right lane to begin with!

* People who think for whatever reason they can pull out in front of me to make a turn while I'm driving down the road. And yes I do use my horn on stupid drivers like this.

* Tailgaters... there's surely another lane you can be in and get off my tail. I'm already at the speed limit or over. What's your hurry??

* Drivers who must have my parking spot, but won't give me enough room to back up in front of them.

* People who stop at intersections when they don't have a stop sign. So, I sit there at my stop sign looking at them like they are stupid.

* People READING while driving.

Old 09-15-2010, 10:47 PM

3,306 posts, read 12,218,162 times
One thing I forgot to mention is the selfish, forgetful drivers who are either not paying attention or know where they are going... if you got into a turning lane and realized you made a mistake then DEAL WITH IT AFTER YOU MAKE THE WRONG TURN!

Don't make the rest of us suffer as you try and cut in front of traffic to try and turn in the CORRECT direction. You messed up now face the consequences. Make the wrong turn, get out of the way and then find a place to turn around. I love it when these particular people throw up their hands in disbelief when several upset drivers stuck behind them honk like no tomorrow.

That is the kind of garbage that police need to ticket for.

Old 09-15-2010, 10:55 PM

3,511 posts, read 5,305,420 times
You turn on your signal to change lanes on a 4 or 6 lane highway and some fool decides he is gonna juice it and cut you off at the same time. He runs right up your a** and nearly drives under/into the the back of you and won't let you over. He has to be blind not to see your signal or know what you are trying to do. Finally you grit your teeth and change lanes cutting him the hell off and he gets pissed! WTH buddy, are you stupid or something? People, you should carry a tack hammer to give em a whack every now and then! lol

Old 09-15-2010, 11:03 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,584,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
One thing that irritates me is to get behind someone who's coming up on a red light or stopped traffic and they start slowing down about a half-mile before they have to stop and then just creep up on the car ahead of them at about 1 mph for the last hundred or so feet. Just get there and stop.

It's most likely the same people who, in stop and go traffic, keep 20 or more car lengths between them and the car just ahead.
I bet you go through brake pads often.

Old 09-15-2010, 11:09 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,584,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefeather52 View Post
In addition to everything already posted, I'm annoyed by people who think the speed limit must be for someone else and come up behind you and flash their lights or honk to get you to go faster. The speed limit sign means the number on it, not 10 or 20 mph more than that.
That could get them a major ass whuppin in my area, seriously. I've never even seen anyone try it. LOL

Old 09-15-2010, 11:28 PM

7,305 posts, read 28,218,445 times
What irritates me? Hmmm, lets see.

1 - when they are in such a big all out hurry to pull out in front of you to where you have to apply the brakes to slow down to keep from hitting them, yet once they get in front of you they go 5 mph or more UNDER the speed limit. I think this makes me angry.

2 - they can turn right if clear on a red traffic signal, yet they just set there without a car in sight (I know in some areas its illegal to turn right on red, but not here). Some lady did this today and I was thinking how some people dont even need a license.

3 - When you are going 15 mph over the speed limit, yet someone comes flying up on your tail (like on a 2-lane road) and rides close to your bumper.

4 - Going SLOW in the fast lane for no reason.

I can think of more, but these are the top 4.

Old 09-15-2010, 11:44 PM

2,059 posts, read 5,747,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Hauler View Post
One thing I forgot to mention is the selfish, forgetful drivers who are either not paying attention or know where they are going... if you got into a turning lane and realized you made a mistake then DEAL WITH IT AFTER YOU MAKE THE WRONG TURN!

Don't make the rest of us suffer as you try and cut in front of traffic to try and turn in the CORRECT direction. You messed up now face the consequences. Make the wrong turn, get out of the way and then find a place to turn around. I love it when these particular people throw up their hands in disbelief when several upset drivers stuck behind them honk like no tomorrow.

That is the kind of garbage that police need to ticket for.
That one gets me all the time. If I miss my turn I adjust my route - either getting off at the next exit or turning off and going back. Just hauling across the entire 4 lanes about 2 car lengths from the exit at 70 is not the way!

Old 09-16-2010, 05:01 AM

4,586 posts, read 7,707,394 times
Lately, the GPS idiot. Yes, the person who is paying so much attention to their gps system that they ignore their environment and do everything the GPS says without paying heed to their surrounding.

The left lane blocker. Yesterday morning, I was in the #2 lane and it was a car in the passing lane. Passed him and I was approaching a truck. He decides to speed up to block me once I put my turn signal on to get in the passing so I had to pass the truck on the right side which I hate to do. Then, he decides he wants to race but I just leave him be.

The people who miss all the exit signs here for their exit then fly across all lanes to get off on them.

People who can't parallel park. At school, you will see so many people who just haphazardly park so you lose numerous spaces because people can't park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive