Originally Posted by skeet09
The flashing yellow arrows have only recently begun to sprung up here in San Antonio, Texas. I didn't know what to make of it since the time I started driving, there was no mentioned of these lights in the handbook nor in personal driving experience throughout the years. I wish the state, city, whomever would make some announcements in billboards, tv ads, newspaper announcement about these changes and what they mean.
They have. You must have missed them.
- Steady red arrow - stop and stay (no turn on red)
- Flashing red arrow - stop, then proceed when the way is clear
- Steady yellow arrow - your right of way is ending
- Flashing yellow arrow - yield to conflicting traffic
- Steady green arrow - proceed, you have a cleared right of way
- Steady circular red - stop (turn on red if permitted)
- Flashing circular red - stop, then proceed when the way is clear
- Steady circular yellow - your right of way is ending
- Flashing circular yellow - proceed with caution, left and right turns yield to conflicts
- Steady circular green - proceed, left and right turns yield to conflicts