U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 10-16-2010, 01:06 PM
 
3,502 posts, read 1,746,444 times
Reputation: 1407

Advertisements

Honda Accord, Hyundai Sonata, Subaru Legacy or Toyota Camry. Which car is the best buy?
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-16-2010, 01:16 PM
 
Location: Pomona
1,955 posts, read 9,197,283 times
Reputation: 1531
It depends on what your priorities are. Like if you want AWD because of climate, then the Subaru wins. Fuel economy ... Hyundai is rated the highest. Ride quality ... the Camry isolates you the most. Resale value ... Honda.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2010, 01:26 PM
 
Location: Vancouver, B.C., Canada
10,715 posts, read 22,321,366 times
Reputation: 5137
from fist to last I would go with
1. Honda accord
2. Subaru Legacy.....a close second though
3. toyota Camry it got 3rd because of the lastest issues/debacles
4.Hyundai Sonata.....It got 4th because yes they build good cars but only as of late so the long term track record in un-proven and the resale value is way worse then the other 3 on the used market which is why hyundai ranks forth in this.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2010, 03:06 PM
 
8,402 posts, read 19,527,792 times
Reputation: 6764
Any reason there's no American cars on that list?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2010, 03:11 PM
 
Location: US Empire, Pac NW
5,008 posts, read 10,452,145 times
Reputation: 4125
mmm ... to be honest, none of them unless you want AWD, then go with Subaru. The camry is boring and the quality has been going downhill for years. The Accord is also pretty bad these days. The Sonata is a good surprise.

It really depends on what you want. If you want a commuter car, I highly recommend looking into the Malibu by Chevy or the Focus or Fiesta by Ford. American car companies have been winning awards lately and I think they've overcome their stigma of building only crap. Shatter that preconception that is a holdover from the 90s, this is the 2010s.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2010, 03:52 PM
 
Location: United States
2,497 posts, read 6,233,570 times
Reputation: 2219
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
from fist to last I would go with
1. Honda accord
2. Subaru Legacy.....a close second though
3. toyota Camry it got 3rd because of the lastest issues/debacles
4.Hyundai Sonata.....It got 4th because yes they build good cars but only as of late so the long term track record in un-proven and the resale value is way worse then the other 3 on the used market which is why hyundai ranks forth in this.
Agree 100%
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2010, 03:54 PM
 
Location: United States
2,497 posts, read 6,233,570 times
Reputation: 2219
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
Any reason there's no American cars on that list?
Probably because the OP prefers an import? Yes, some of us do prefer imports. It always has to turn into a Domestic VS Import thread. Relax, there will always be enough suckers to keep buying Malibu's and Impalas.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2010, 04:21 PM
 
8,402 posts, read 19,527,792 times
Reputation: 6764
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc76 View Post
Probably because the OP prefers an import? Yes, some of us do prefer imports. It always has to turn into a Domestic VS Import thread. Relax, there will always be enough suckers to keep buying Malibu's and Impalas.

WHY does OP prefer an import? Obviously OP does, because there were no domestics on OP's list. Is it the blind mentality that all imports are good and all domestics are bad?

Mother logic was useless when I was 10 and even more pointless now.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2010, 04:39 PM
 
Location: Eastern NC
18,088 posts, read 16,618,330 times
Reputation: 15930
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
If you want a commuter car, I highly recommend looking into the Malibu by Chevy or the Focus or Fiesta by Ford. American car companies have been winning awards lately and I think they've overcome their stigma of building only crap. Shatter that preconception that is a holdover from the 90s, this is the 2010s.
Sorry but the Malibu is leagues behind all four of those picked and the Fords are not even in the same class.

To the OP, test drive the four and then chose which is the best for you.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2010, 09:07 PM
 
143 posts, read 564,594 times
Reputation: 70
Hyundai Sonata blows the others away. It's not even close. Everything is better. Features, price, value, safety, residual value, warranty, design, MPG, etc.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top