U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 09:33 PM

4,925 posts, read 6,283,478 times

Advertisements

I've done it a couple of times through my credit union and have had zero problem. Better rates than quoted by a dealer for a like car both times.

If I remember, all I provided my credit union was the make, model, VIN, and mileage. I'm sure they checked to see that the loan to value was there, but otherwise, I don't know why it would matter to them as to where you got a used car...from a dealer or individual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2010, 09:06 AM

4,925 posts, read 5,501,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX2DCA View Post
I'm not sure where the folks in this thread obtained their information.
From buying cars, duh. Capital One still does it for private parties, as well. What they switched on was no longer dealing with cars older than 7 years or 70k miles. But credit unions have no problems with it, and the rates are quite competetive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive