Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 03:17 AM

301 posts, read 1,546,637 times

Advertisements

All I can add after reading what has been posted and what I see daily is we have to really pay attention.Because it seams some drivers think there the only vehicle on the road.Be safe out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2007, 02:25 AM

1,464 posts, read 1,026,758 times
The absolute world's worst drivers all reside right here in Southeast Florida!

I guarantee one week here and you will see every boneheaded stunt that could ever be experienced on the road...it is scary and ludicrous!

I turn up the radio to escape from the hostility, breathe deeply in and out, say a few Hail Mary's before setting off to work each day and always try to maintain a postive attitude,no matter what death defying craziness I see on the way...
I just breathe-in...breathe-out...and drive politely and defensively, to get safely through another day.

Old 12-29-2007, 06:17 PM

419 posts, read 1,921,195 times
Quote:
Originally posted by GreenMachine
I agree with the previous poster about following distance. I always leave a lot of room between me and the person ahead.
Although that is the way I learned, if you did that here there would be an idoit cut in front of you without the use of a blinker.

I've riden motorcycles for many years and I have always thought that they are safer drivers than anyone else who has never been on a bike. The reason is that they learned to be a defensive driver first. I drive my truck defensively and can usually judge what one will do, but the unexpected can always happen. So many drivers today are not concentrating on driving, but are distracted from their use of cell phones and other things.

Old 12-29-2007, 06:39 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,690,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Besitomio View Post
The absolute world's worst drivers all reside right here in Southeast Florida!
I agree, Besitomio . . . those guys are crazy down there but don't forget the crazies on the West Coast of Florida!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive