Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2011, 01:56 PM

1,742 posts, read 6,139,439 times

Advertisements

For all the trailer queens, has anyone ever just restored the outside of the car? What about doing a body and paint restoration and not even having a drivetrain or interior in the car? Would be kind of interesting to see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2011, 08:45 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,086,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Continental View Post
For all the trailer queens, has anyone ever just restored the outside of the car? What about doing a body and paint restoration and not even having a drivetrain or interior in the car? Would be kind of interesting to see.
Like a piece of furniture? I think many car enthusiasts complain enough about fully restored garage queens that are never driven that having someone just restore the exterior and have a garbage suspension/drivetrain/interior underneath is one notch below that. At that point you might as well just take the shell, black out the windows and weld four wheels without axles on four corners and call it a day.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:43 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,810,134 times
Happens all the time. People get a massive chubbie about the paint and could care less about anything else.

Old 01-22-2011, 09:36 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,387,152 times
Most show cars usually have everything restored but If your drive line and interior are in good shape it is not necessary to completely restore them to match the exterior.

Two types are car people, posers and drivers and each have their own preference.

Posers bring their cars to shows and drivers take their cars to the track.

Once in a while you will see a show quality car on the race track and those are the guys that impress me most.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:07 AM

110 posts, read 363,803 times
I have an 83 jag xj6, has been my dream car since i was a kid!! I bought mine and was total crap, after a few thousand dollars and a lot of sweat equity, it positioned 2nd in the south east through the Jaguar clubs of north America Driven division, no, it is not a trailer queen, i also drive it!! here is the link of me at the slalom!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKM1vr19MZQ

Old 01-25-2011, 08:33 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,387,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whyzazz View Post
I have an 83 jag xj6, has been my dream car since i was a kid!! I bought mine and was total crap, after a few thousand dollars and a lot of sweat equity, it positioned 2nd in the south east through the Jaguar clubs of north America Driven division, no, it is not a trailer queen, i also drive it!! here is the link of me at the slalom!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKM1vr19MZQ
Great job, that's a lot of car to be running through a slalom course.

Old 01-25-2011, 11:21 AM

110 posts, read 363,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Great job, that's a lot of car to be running through a slalom course.
Thanks, its fun to drive a car like you stole it!! shredded my tires though, i made 6 runs that day!!!! then went on the road course too!! had a blast

Old 01-25-2011, 11:48 AM

5,228 posts, read 15,290,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Two types are car people, posers and drivers and each have their own preference.

Posers bring their cars to shows and drivers take their cars to the track.

Um, Poseurs would be the kind that drive fake race cars on the street. But you don't have to drive on the track to be a driver and not a poseur. There are a lot of relaly nice street cars that the owners have a lot of enjoyment driving them on backroads and the like. I never track my 740iL, but it's not a poseur car. And if a show car, or restored car isn't SUPPOSED to be a race car, never tried to look like a race car, then it's not really a poseur either, as it's exactly what it's suppoosed to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive