U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2012, 04:52 PM

11,215 posts, read 7,605,444 times

Advertisements

Any late 70's or 80's Ford cars! Just crap!
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 06:07 PM

5,229 posts, read 11,484,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Meh, physics is physics. There are precisely zero FWD cars that will power on oversteer. Sure you can stick a giant sway bar on the rear and get some power off oversteer, but for having a little fun on the street power on oversteer is a lot safer and more accessible.
And but the front based AWD quattros I posted will do power on oversteer, and my SVT Contour would do it, too (in fact, I had people at the autocross track ask when Ford started making RWD Contours...).

I bet you 've never drivien a Mini Cooper S or a Integra Type R or an SVT COntouor or SVT Focus to know just how good thoise chassis are. And obviously never driven a quattro at speed, either:

Old 07-16-2012, 06:10 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,730,827 times
Any Kia, Hyundai. All Dodge except the Charger, Ram, Viper and Magnum. The Beattle, Mini Cooper and most Scions. Majority of Fords, except Mustang, Fusion, Taurus(2009+) and F Series and any other American car. I am sure there is more, but can not think of it.

Old 07-16-2012, 08:39 PM

2,784 posts, read 2,568,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
And but the front based AWD quattros I posted will do power on oversteer, and my SVT Contour would do it, too (in fact, I had people at the autocross track ask when Ford started making RWD Contours...).

I bet you 've never drivien a Mini Cooper S or a Integra Type R or an SVT COntouor or SVT Focus to know just how good thoise chassis are. And obviously never driven a quattro at speed, either:

I said there are no FWD cars that can power on oversteer. It is physically impossible (duh!) .

FWD biased AWD cars (FWD until they detect slip) will push and, once again, ain't going to power on oversteer. A race prepped rally car (practically nothing in common with a production car except for the badge) will have a static torque split set for the course and I doubt it will be biased to the front. Rally drivers will use a Scandinavian flick or just the handbrake to get the ass out in a hairpin corner and then use the throttle to keep it there.

FWD cars can be setup to power off oversteer, but that is not that same thing as power on oversteer.

[edit] and that audi in you pic sure looks like it's overpowering the rear wheel (look at the smoke) - Do you think it may just have a heavily rear biased center diff? I mean fancy that.. an AWD car sending most of it's power to the rear wheels will power on oversteer.

Last edited by Colorado^; 07-16-2012 at 08:51 PM..

Old 07-16-2012, 08:49 PM

88 posts, read 591,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
for me its the prius or the vw bug. and no, not because of any political reasons.

its ugly. simple as that.
To everyone slamming the actual people who drive certain cars, that's just not cool.

For me it's not an embarassment issue, I just would not enjoy driving any small car like the Smart Fortwo or anything in it's class.

Old 07-16-2012, 08:56 PM

17,579 posts, read 38,295,421 times
I think some people are confusing "embarrassing" with "don't like". Or at least that is what I am hoping. If not there are a ton of people with low self esteem posting here.

Old 07-16-2012, 08:56 PM

2,784 posts, read 2,568,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwells3030 View Post
To everyone slamming the actual people who drive certain cars, that's just not cool.
Pretty sure the question was, "what car would YOU be embarrassed to be seen in?" - not, "what car should some other random person on the internet be embarrassed to be seen in?"

Old 07-16-2012, 09:03 PM

1,949 posts, read 4,640,503 times
a low rider. or a "tricked out" Honda Civic or something.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:44 PM

7,245 posts, read 5,534,685 times
An American automobile.

Old 07-17-2012, 01:55 AM

656 posts, read 954,871 times
Oh boy, where do I start? I probably would be better off in listing vehicles I *would* drive

1. Most newer GM and Ford vehicles that are not minivans
2. RWD Dodge/Chrysler cars
3. Four-wheel-drive Jeeps
4. The few RWD Asian sports cars, such as the Mazda Miata/MX-5 and RX, Subaru BR-Z, Toyota MR-2 and Supra, etc.
5. Pretty much any 1/2 ton or larger GM or Ford truck with a 6-foot or longer bed, as long as it isn't absolutely dilapidated or destroyed by being made into a pimpmobile, lowrider, or jacked eight feet off the ground.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive