U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2012, 03:41 PM

2,632 posts, read 5,698,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
his name is "veyron" lol
Whats so funny about that?

I'm a car enthusiast...that named myself after the car I admire the most...

NYCJOWWW isn't exactly "cool" either...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
I've been called closed minded by the same person because I disagreed with him on some cars. Ironically I have seen pictures of his cars and he has some nice vehicles that I like. He just doesn't like people to disagree with him. I think he takes it to personal.

BTW those Donks you posted are pretty ugly, but that's JMO.

Some people forget that we live in America...
And I didn't post the "Donks" another poster did and I agree IMO there stupid, comical, and hideous.

Chrome Rims ruin gas mileage, sometimes differentials, or just cause drivetrain problems in general and make your car slower (sometime considerably slower) if that poster didn't know

IMO there are a waste of money and for all that "damage" it will cause to my car there are other ways to flaunt money.

Most people who do have chrome rims have it on toyota corollas, mini vans, chrysler 300s with the V6, OLD acuras and lexuses...and think their "ballin"

Old 08-11-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
has nothing to do with disagreeing on cars, it has everything to do with being proud of disliking cars of any sort. I called you closed minded because you ARE. Just like Veyron is. And most importantly, PROUD of being so.
Did you read the title of this thread?

On top of that...we have the right to have an opinion.

It's called free will.

Old 08-11-2012, 03:59 PM

Quote:
but im not a fan of classics either unless they are very customized and tuned, because i think classical cars are ugly. but i do love how the black/white and hispanic folks in the southern ghettos customize classical cars like these.

Verts and Donks Slidin at the 2012 MLK Parade in Miami, FL - YouTube

1971 Vert vs 1972 Vert (East Coast Ryders/ 99 JAMZ Carshow 2012) - YouTube

those are pretty cool. i know a lot of people are going to rip my head off after seeing these videos but i actually like how these young men restore these classics and all your girlsfriends would love it also.
This has to got to be thee dumbest thing I have seen done to cars.

IMO
There are so many things speak on in this vehicle.

Their accelerating like their cars are fast....with that jacked up camber...

Apparently....the higher you lift the nose off the ground the faster the car becomes...

Old 08-11-2012, 04:10 PM

2,212 posts, read 4,339,256 times
An Aztec. Ugh.

Old 08-11-2012, 04:39 PM
PDD

8,776 posts, read 14,171,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
has nothing to do with disagreeing on cars, it has everything to do with being proud of disliking cars of any sort. I called you closed minded because you ARE. Just like Veyron is. And most importantly, PROUD of being so.
I changed my mind I don't like any of your cars.

I will admit I am not like those TV car show hosts who fawn over ever car they see but being called Proud of disliking some cars is a little ridiculous.

Old 08-12-2012, 10:55 AM

6,836 posts, read 12,384,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
Whats so funny about that?

I'm a car enthusiast...that named myself after the car I admire the most...

NYCJOWWW isn't exactly "cool" either...
Never said your name wasn't cool. Just pointed out your name since the poster made it seem your not into classics. More like joking around as well.

Also attacking me after you just ranted being attacked by another blogger doesn't really do you any justice neither.

Old 08-12-2012, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Never said your name wasn't cool. Just pointed out your name since the poster made it seem your not into classics. More like joking around as well.

Also attacking me after you just ranted being attacked by another blogger doesn't really do you any justice neither.
Alright I apologize for my comment. I guess its the way you worded it it seemed like you were ridiculing my username. My mistake.

Old 08-12-2012, 01:12 PM

6,836 posts, read 12,384,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
Alright I apologize for my comment. I guess its the way you worded it it seemed like you were ridiculing my username. My mistake.
apology accepted, back on topic i know the handling for those cars on huge rims must suck but i do like the paint job and how clean they look.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:05 PM

273 posts, read 756,865 times
Anything with an offensive sticker in the back- you know those racist or homophobic ones or...I'm a member of Westboro Baptist Church.
As a non American we are totally bemused by this weird obsession with what car you drive that we encounter here in LA.
People actually buy cars they cannot really afford and get into debt to do it, just to.....i guess they think it looks good but I do wonder what they are compensating for and am very suspect of guys in flashy or obvious cars.
But then I was raised being driven in a citroen D from the 60's which was very cool in the 80s and very cool today and if i could afford one now i would love one but am too practical to do the vintage car thing- they are gorgeous to look at though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive