Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2012, 07:00 AM

5,228 posts, read 15,203,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Pretty sure the question was, "what car would YOU be embarrassed to be seen in?" - not, "what car should some other random person on the internet be embarrassed to be seen in?"
And if you're EMBARASSED to be seen in a lot of the cars listed, you have low self esteem or are simply a closed minded prick ('cause a lot of the statements are damn insulting) Which is it?

I don't have low self esteem nor am I closed minded, so I'm not embarased to be seen in pretty much any car. Which is why I could own high powered muscle cars AND cool pink VW beetles. I can own a Mustang GT, custom BMW 740iL, AND a MINI Cooper (a car that makes a great autocross car, BTW).

You OTOH...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2012, 07:13 AM

12,999 posts, read 18,811,640 times
Renault 2CV

http://ookaboo.com/o/pictures/pictur...boot_extension

Last edited by pvande55; 07-17-2012 at 07:17 AM.. Reason: Revise pix

Old 07-17-2012, 08:46 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,766,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
And if you're EMBARASSED to be seen in a lot of the cars listed, you have low self esteem or are simply a closed minded prick ('cause a lot of the statements are damn insulting) Which is it?
And that's not?

Old 07-17-2012, 09:58 AM

137 posts, read 240,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer_Guy View Post
No way the SRT4 kicked ass. It did not look like a chick's car. I'm hoping they do an SRT4 Dart in the future.
I give them props for building a turbo 4cyl...and for using a front mount intercooler, but all neons are just well...ugly and in my opinion.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:59 AM

5,228 posts, read 15,203,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
And that's not?
No, it's not, unless you can prove that liking MORE and not being embarassed to be seen in any car is somehow as closed minded as liking less and being embarassed to be seen in a car. Pointing out someone BEING closed minded is not being closed minded, itself, no matter how much you wish it so. No more than pointing out someone who is being racist is also being racist (it's not).

Old 07-17-2012, 10:05 AM

Quote:
No, it's not, unless you can prove that liking MORE and not being embarassed to be seen in any car is somehow as closed minded as liking less and being embarassed to be seen in a car. Pointing out someone BEING closed minded is not being closed minded, itself, no matter how much you wish it so. No more than pointing out someone who is being racist is also being racist (it's not).
Not closed minded, but insulting. I just thought your post was pretty funny, chiding on about being insulting and in the same breathe challenging their self esteem and adding that they are a closed minded prick (albeit passively insulting). I see...how edifying.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:35 AM

2,497 posts, read 7,448,249 times
Anything American post 1970's. Mostly that hideous overated Escalade. Barf. But I have to make 2 exceptions to my statement....Challenger and Mustang

Old 07-17-2012, 11:04 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,810,229 times
Quote:

I don't have low self esteem nor am I closed minded, so I'm not embarased to be seen in pretty much any car. Which is why I could own high powered muscle cars AND cool pink VW beetles. I can own a Mustang GT, custom BMW 740iL, AND a MINI Cooper (a car that makes a great autocross car, BTW).

You OTOH...
If you can't win an argument, you can always stoop to name calling and insults - class act all the way.

Several people have mentioned (in this thread) that they would be embarrassed to be seen in one of the car I own, and choose to drive most of the time. You don't see me getting all bent out of shape and telling them they're wrong and they have to see things my way. You OTHO...

Old 07-17-2012, 03:37 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,495,842 times
my car is not high end like any of my neighbor's or even my wife's and thats fine with me. but i feel it would be inappropriate to have a kia sitting in my driveway. its not simply a cost issue, i am considering replacing my current car with cars in the range of some kias. but i think that particular brand is just unappealing for my neighborhood.

Old 07-17-2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
my car is not high end like any of my neighbor's or even my wife's and thats fine with me. but i feel it would be inappropriate to have a kia sitting in my driveway. its not simply a cost issue, i am considering replacing my current car with cars in the range of some kias. but i think that particular brand is just unappealing for my neighborhood.
Oh man, that's too bad. I practically have to do a double-take when I see an Kia Optima. It looks like they have upped their game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive