Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2013, 05:36 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,090,043 times

Advertisements

This past week I've seen a huge influx of whiner threads that crowd out the rest of the threads that us regulars typically partake in. Can a mod please create a sub forum similar to the one used for Motorycles, etc so that we can stick all the whiners and complainers into an area where the rest of us don't have to deal with it.

Here are a few example threads:

People who don't go on a green light or stop on green

Another Rant About Other Drivers

Pay attention on the road... this is getting ridiculous.

Why do slow moving vehicles drive on the left side of the road?

Left lane drivers...

Why do people get really close to your back bumper when passing

Every single one of these threads inevitably turns into a garbage fest of people complaining about other drivers being ignorant, selfish, etc. Other than discussing how awful everyone is nothing else constructive is actually accomplished. Please make the first sticky in this sub forum a link to where one can purchase stress balls.

*EDIT* Subject should read "Driver Behavior/Complaint"

Old 02-06-2013, 05:42 PM

1,123 posts, read 3,111,475 times
What's with people driving on the roads while I'm driving on the roads? When I go for a drive, I expect to be on an island. No one else should be on the roads. What are these people doing here, and why are they in my way?! Don't they know this is MY road?

Old 02-06-2013, 06:28 PM

19,033 posts, read 27,599,679 times
Speaking of island roads

Guy went fishing and caught a bottle. He uncorked it and gene came out. Gene says - Master, you saved me, I'll make your 3 wishes happen.
Ok, says fisherman. I want mansion on Mercer Island, that will put to shame Gates and Allen's mansions.
Done, says gene.
I, also, want a mansion on Sandals, that will put any sheik's palace to shame.
Done, Master.
I also hate flying but love driving. Make me a freeway from my mansion on Mercer Island to my mansion on Sandals.
Master, times are so tough, even I, gene, can not do this for you. Ask for anything else.
Guy scratches his had, and says - you know, I'd love to have it with beautiful women, but somehow, I never had success with them. Explain to me woman nature, so that I can enjoy them.
Master, you want two or 4 lanes on that freeway? asks gene.

Btw, there are TWO left lane thread, shy apart.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:23 AM

6,255 posts, read 17,099,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post

Every single one of these threads inevitably turns into a garbage fest of people complaining about other drivers being ignorant, selfish, etc. Other than discussing how awful everyone is nothing else constructive is actually accomplished.
Your idea of using time constructively is reading/posting in the automotive section of a forum?

City-Data isn't here for the automotive enthusiast, it's here to find and give information about different cities. Anything else is just a diversion for the posters who get tired of the same old city based questions, but no one in their right mind would seek out the automotive forum here if they really wanted some "constructive" advice about cars. There are a ton more automotive specific forums out there that are much better for that.

You're taking this forum way too seriously.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
Your idea of using time constructively is reading/posting in the automotive section of a forum?

City-Data isn't here for the automotive enthusiast, it's here to find and give information about different cities. Anything else is just a diversion for the posters who get tired of the same old city based questions, but no one in their right mind would seek out the automotive forum here if they really wanted some "constructive" advice about cars. There are a ton more automotive specific forums out there that are much better for that.

You're taking this forum way too seriously.
Actually plenty of people in their right mind do seek out constructive advice about cars in this very forum. Although this section may be a diversion for YOU from city based questions, this is clearly not the case for everyone. Some people spent the vast majority of their time in religion and politics. I lean towards the automotive section because we have a healthy collection of well-informed members who aside from the occasional bickering all share an appreciation for the same hobby. Complaining about individuals driving behaviors is not a hobby or if you wish to make it one, then please create a sub forum for it.

It may be difficult for you to grasp that not everyone’s preferences align with your own but rest assured that it is a realistic possibility.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:23 AM

3,743 posts, read 13,704,794 times
This forum is like real life with bad drivers on roads; all the bad driver posts are scattered among the normal traffic, causing congestion, and range among some.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:48 AM

6,255 posts, read 17,099,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post

It may be difficult for you to grasp that not everyone’s preferences align with your own
I'm guessing the irony of your statement is lost on you.

Old 02-07-2013, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
I'm guessing the irony of your statement is lost on you.
Not quite. My recommendation to properly categorize the type of discussion is simply following the trend that has already been established here. There is a reason we have discrete sections for specific types of discussions. If you have trouble understanding why this is the case then I'm afraid there isn't much I can do to help you.

Old 02-07-2013, 03:26 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,344,990 times
This is not the right place for this thread, suggestions about additions of sub-forums can be sent to a senior moderator, however, that type of change will only be brought around if deemed necessary/beneficial.

On a general level, I recommend ignoring threads you don't care for, it's an easy fix for a problem that really doesn't have to be a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive