U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most improved Luxury Brand.
Cadillac 22 41.51%
Lincoln 5 9.43%
Infiniti 10 18.87%
Acura 1 1.89%
Jaguar 15 28.30%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 02:33 PM

11,790 posts, read 12,632,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdelena View Post
We drove a CTS and STS the same day we bought a Sonata... still liked it best.
Not everyone can afford a new Cadillac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
Also AUTONEWS has reported that GM/Caddy incentives are highest around with Nissan/Infiniti and Lincoln.
They will also report that GM's transaction prices are among the highest in the business. Cadillac has high rebates and incentives on its two oldest models the DTS and the STS because they are on there way out. They do not need big rebates on the hotter SRX and CTS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2011, 08:54 AM

134 posts, read 405,026 times
Cadillac imo went from grandfather luxury boats to all around world class luxury sedans with the CTS model in all its trims of course. The DTS is still available for now, for the ppl who like the luxury boat style car with a body style upgrade and ther SRX is improved as well great crossover. second would be Jaguar has really stepped up their game and i like their new models to. Lincoln is a more luxury oriented style Ford from interior to exterior design but i see those as the only 2 differences, for the moment Ford has put all their effort into the Ford blue oval brand and thus far its paying off. Well see if they do what they claim by phasing out mercury it will give them the money and opprotunity to bring lincoln to a world class luxury brand.

Old 03-17-2011, 09:39 AM

14,777 posts, read 34,490,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
They will also report that GM's transaction prices are among the highest in the business. Cadillac has high rebates and incentives on its two oldest models the DTS and the STS because they are on there way out. They do not need big rebates on the hotter SRX and CTS.
Very good point about Cadillacs high transaction price and the reason for the incentives. For every DTS and STS they give away, they are selling 3 CTS's or SRX's at near full price.

Old 03-17-2011, 02:07 PM

4,486 posts, read 14,918,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
Very good point about Cadillacs high transaction price and the reason for the incentives. For every DTS and STS they give away, they are selling 3 CTS's or SRX's at near full price.
The DTS is much more of a fleet rental vehicle, it's rare that someone buys a NEW DTS (with the exception of my parents in 2006). The DTS and STS need to exit the Cadillac market ASAP and Cadillac needs to keep injecting vehicles that compete in the US luxury marketplace.

Old 03-17-2011, 02:32 PM

134 posts, read 405,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
The DTS is much more of a fleet rental vehicle, it's rare that someone buys a NEW DTS (with the exception of my parents in 2006). The DTS and STS need to exit the Cadillac market ASAP and Cadillac needs to keep injecting vehicles that compete in the US luxury marketplace.
I dont know man even if they decide to kick the DTS alot of older ppl prefer the cushiony soft gliding ride that the DTS brings so even if the DTS goes I beleive GM and Cadillac will still produce a car with that similar drive feeling. Youd actually be surprised how many elderly ppl buy new DTS.

Old 03-17-2011, 03:02 PM

14,777 posts, read 34,490,118 times
The DTS outsells the STS 4 to 1 and is also a very high margin car for Cadillac. That's part of the reason I was so adamant earlier about the XTS not being the "flagship" sedan. The XTS is replacing the DTS (and technically the STS as well) within the lineup as the DTS is an important vehicle sales wise for Cadillac.

Old 03-17-2011, 08:53 PM

3,129 posts, read 5,141,528 times
I still think they should do the DTS again. Boomers are a huge market and they want big cushy cars, not a CTS-V. With Caddy leaving this market, they will go to other brands. With the Town Car also dead the DTS would make a killing!

The STS just needs to be redone again. I've liked it since 1992 or so when it debuted (STS/SLS) with the Northstar.

The DTS is FWD, the STS RWD. THere was even a STS-V. The idea of this XTS (what a dumb name) is weird to me, again not a true flagship like S-class etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Not everyone can afford a new Cadillac.

That is b/c the Escalade which usually has 8-10k on the hood as an incentive. You can get even more off the hybrid. The Escalade is pricy and sells in amazingly good volume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
Simply not true. Caddys have always been discounted and you can get a CTS at invoice. They are giving away the wagon. The SRX as well. Its a competitive market. We all know GM has relied on huge incentives to sell cars.

A CTS starts at what 38k or so?

Old 03-17-2011, 10:30 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,357,433 times
JD Powers has rated the Lincoln Towncar as Best in Class.

Old 03-17-2011, 10:53 PM

48,519 posts, read 80,998,062 times
Well they rated GM cars druigthe owrse ywears as best i clsss too. Perosanlly i'd say Lexus.

Old 03-18-2011, 08:59 AM

11,790 posts, read 12,632,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
Simply not true. Caddys have always been discounted and you can get a CTS at invoice. They are giving away the wagon. The SRX as well. Its a competitive market. We all know GM has relied on huge incentives to sell cars.

A CTS starts at what 38k or so?
It is a competitive market, but even if you get a SRX at invoice you will only get about $1500 off sticker. That's not the same as their being a $4000 rebate or $6000 dealer cash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive