U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 03:19 PM

5,996 posts, read 13,286,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc76 View Post
New Mustang is a WIN! New Challenger another win! The Nissan GTR (though out of us working humans price range) a Win! The new Camaro=FAIL. Give me a 68 Camaro any day though. The Vette, I dont know, the Nissan GTR killed it in R&T tests, as it also killed the Shelby. But for an american modern muscle yeah Mustang and Challenger! I just hate the new Camaro for some reason.
GT-R > Corvette > Mustang > Camaro

Challenger

The Mustang GT is absolutely the best bang for the buck out there (the thought of owning a Mustang never entered my head until the release of the 2011 GT), the Corvette is a fantastic car as well and the GT-R is the performance king and a great bang for the buck car as well if you can afford it. The Camaro is downright invisible, its a who cares type of car while the Challenger is competing with itself in a whole different segment (large coupes with boat like handling). The Challenger is definitely a looker but Chrysler needs to fix the interior and cut some poundage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2011, 04:37 PM

1,739 posts, read 4,821,790 times
Not that's just wrong

Old 03-17-2011, 06:56 PM

8,402 posts, read 19,532,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
No, its called having the money and balls to tell a company to go **** yourselves. The dealer nor Lambo took care of this customer. He felt neglected and surely will buy a Ferrari or Lexus LFA or something else in the future and tell everyone his horror story.

Its the principle!
See below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
and what did it do besides him losing his $150k? Nothing. Lambo was laughing all the way to the bank. Now they won't have to deal with him bringing it back to the dealer for a correct repair.. What an moron
Exactly. Lambo has it's money from this car. This proved nothing, and accomplished nothing. I'd be surprised if it has even the most miniscule effect on Lambo's sales or the company itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
I'm all for principles, but that's a horribly wasteful way of displaying them!
No doubt about that. It's just pointless.

There ought to be a law that for every supercar destroyed in a movie, or by a moron like this guy, for every car that Paris Hilton buys and defaces but knows nothing about, an average guy who likes cars like I do should get one for free. Who's with me on this?

Old 03-19-2011, 08:26 AM

11,790 posts, read 12,635,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
and what did it do besides him losing his $150k? Nothing. Lambo was laughing all the way to the bank. Now they won't have to deal with him bringing it back to the dealer for a correct repair.. What an moron
You really believe a small volume maker like Lamborghini is laughing about this? A country that has an exploding economy with new millionaires and billionaires popping up on a weekly basis and have enormous sense of national pride and unionism that may forever be turned off of their products?

I don't think they are laughing at all. If this were 25 years ago before the internet was everywhere and you-tube it would be no big deal. Now, not so.

Old 03-19-2011, 08:38 AM

10,715 posts, read 22,325,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodfella24 View Post
id take a vette or camaro they dont look horrible, what im looking forward to being able to buy tho is a fuel efficient (well more fuel friendly muscle car) im liking the new Ford Mustang Boss 302 looks great.
A fuel efficent muscle car
trust me you hammer a 400+HP V-8 mustang or Camaro and all fuel economy goes out the window. I would say no on the 5.0 mustang GT or 6.2 LS3 Camaro SS and get the base V-6 in either model if you want performace and fuel economy they make over 300HP and the new V6 mustang gets 31MPG on the freeway if driven for best MPG's.

no one ever buys muscle car if fuel economy is a concern

Old 03-19-2011, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc76 View Post
New Mustang is a WIN! New Challenger another win! The Nissan GTR (though out of us working humans price range) a Win! The new Camaro=FAIL. Give me a 68 Camaro any day though. The Vette, I dont know, the Nissan GTR killed it in R&T tests, as it also killed the Shelby. But for an american modern muscle yeah Mustang and Challenger! I just hate the new Camaro for some reason.
yeah the camaro really was a let down and the 5.0 mustang GT was one of the best performance cars to come out esp with the optional brembo brakes and performce suspension option which adds almost 2K to sticker price of the car but it is worth every penny

The Brembo Package has a price of $1,695. Here’s what your ‘Stang gets for the money:
  • Front 14-inch Brembo vented discs with Brembo four-piston calipers
  • Rear 11.8-inch vented discs with four-piston calipers
  • Unique 19-inch wheels
  • Summer sport tires
  • Tweaked suspension
  • Modified electronic stability control and steering tweaks
another 7-8K you can grab a FRPP supercharger in both 525HP and 624 HP options using a 2.3L Twin Screw SC that meets all 50 state emissions standards

Last edited by GTOlover; 03-19-2011 at 08:56 AM..

Old 03-19-2011, 08:53 AM
PDD

8,776 posts, read 14,138,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
yeah the camaro really was a let down and the 5.0 mustang GT was one of the best performance cars to come out esp with the optional brembo brakes and performce suspension option which adds almost 2K to sticker price of the car but it is worth every penny

The Brembo Package has a price of $1,695. Here’s what your ‘Stang gets for the money:
  • Front 14-inch Brembo vented discs with Brembo four-piston calipers
  • Rear 11.8-inch vented discs with four-piston calipers
  • Unique 19-inch wheels
  • Summer sport tires
  • Tweaked suspension
  • Modified electronic stability control and steering tweaks
I am glad that Ford finally has decided to add a performance brakes package for it's Mustang line. I think Ford must have some road racing fans in it's design group.

Old 03-19-2011, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
I am glad that Ford finally has decided to add a performance brakes package for it's Mustang line. I think Ford must have some road racing fans in it's design group.
Ford the says the optional brembo and supension pkg out sells the standard brakes GT 2-1 which means people are ticking off the fun boxes on the build order sheet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive