Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 08:37 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,769,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I know a guy who bought a dually and never tows anything, he bought it because he could and because it makes up for him lacking in other areas if you know what I mean.
No, I don't know what you mean. I don't inspect other men.

At any rate for every one poser with a Harley Davidson, King Ranch or Denali diesel that never sees any real work there's going to be fourty or fifty plain white XL, W/T trucks that you won't even notice or give a second glance because they are ubiquitous and doing hard work pulling bobcats, tools, landscaping equipment, backhoes, with cab and chassis specialized beds - etc. The Tundra, Titan, and Ridgeline - even without heavy duty variants have no hope of ever cracking this market. The domestic trucks are cheaper, easier to maintain, and work better. I see just as many Titan and Tundra posers as I do dually commuters and lifted show trucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2011, 09:50 AM

3,128 posts, read 6,533,746 times
You can't bunch together the Tundra, Titan, Ridgeline. The Tundra has been around for over a decade and is by far the most successful of the Japanese trucks. The Titan was powerful but awful and I think is discontinued. The Ridgeline isn't a truck, its an ugly fridge for Civic owners to move into and has failed miserably.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:38 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I know a guy who bought a dually and never tows anything, he bought it because he could and because it makes up for him lacking in other areas if you know what I mean.
And you're familiar with those "other areas" how, exactly?

Old 03-26-2011, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
You can't bunch together the Tundra, Titan, Ridgeline.
I just did.

Quote:
The Tundra has been around for over a decade and is by far the most successful of the Japanese trucks.
So its the best of the worse. They are having trouble moving them and they are vastly outsold by Ford, Chevy/GMC and Ram.

Quote:
The Titan I think is discontinued
Wrong, it is currently being sold.

Quote:
The Ridgeline isn't a truck
Wrong again.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:56 AM

^^^^^ How old are you? I doubt you have a license.

There is no doubt the Tundra is getting whooped by the Americans. That said it has done far far better than the Titan. The Ridgeline IS NOT a truck, it is car based.

No serious truck buyer cross shops a lame Ridgeline.

Seems the Titan was going to become a rebadged Dodge Ram but that was canceled and Nissan is going to bring another one in 2014.

Nissan Titan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-26-2011, 01:04 PM

Quote:
^^^^^ How old are you?
I already aksed you that in another thread. I'm thinking the 13 in your SN is no coincidence.

Quote:
There is no doubt the Tundra is getting whooped by the Americans.
You can just stop there, no need for more backpedaling.

Quote:
The Ridgeline IS NOT a truck, it is car based.
It is a truck, period. There is no definition of a truck that precludes what platform it is built on.

Quote:
Seems the Titan was going to become a rebadged Dodge Ram but that was canceled and Nissan is going to bring another one in 2014.

Nissan Titan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Which is nothing to do with the Titan not currently being on sale like you said. It is. You are still wrong.

Old 03-26-2011, 01:14 PM

^^^ Sorry you are wrong to bunch the 3 together.
It is Tundra>>>>>>>Titan>>>> Ridgeline

Unlike you, I have no issue saying I was wrong. Grow up.

Old 03-26-2011, 01:18 PM

Quote:
^^^ Sorry you are wrong to bunch the 3 together.
They are 3 Japanese pickups that do not sell anywhere near as well as the domestics. That's why they get bunched together.

Deal with it, or don't and continue to whine like a baby about crap that doesn't matter.

Old 03-26-2011, 02:13 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,159,672 times
Merit, I don't care about brand. Although years ago, I refused to buy any vehicle made domestically (I'm old LOL) and have long been partial to Saab and Nissan. But, I always research what I plan to buy because reliability is a big issue for me, and I've never been "loyal" to any particular brand.

Contrary to a poster upthread, in the late 1980s/early 1990s I was in a position where I routinely drove rental cars, and at that time noted a huge difference in quality between Asian and domestic vehicles. That was a long time ago and I know things have shifted, often in favor of domestics.

I'm in the market this summer for a new vehicle and it will likely be a Ford based on reliability data on the vehicles I'll be considering.

Old 03-26-2011, 02:52 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
And you're familiar with those "other areas" how, exactly?
LOL, I guess yall have no clue what I mean, but it goes to show where your minds are. By the way, he is short and skinny, thats what I meant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive