U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 10:01 AM

12,084 posts, read 33,134,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel2882 View Post
I thought Civics were supposed to be great cars...I've had it for 4 months and this will be the 4th time I'll be taking it to the shop, grr!
On a used car, the nameplate means next to NOTHING. What really matters is how the previous owner maintained it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2011, 10:33 AM

675 posts, read 4,129,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
On a used car, the nameplate means next to NOTHING. What really matters is how the previous owner maintained it.
Yes, I agree. I just tend to see a lot of older Civics on the road, moreso than a lot of other brands of vehicles.

Old 03-26-2011, 12:11 PM

3,071 posts, read 7,443,271 times
The civic IS a very good car even though the cracked exhaust manifold is common. You hear more noise when you give it gas because giving it gas creates more pressure and thus more noise.As the engine heats up the crack will become smaller due to metal expansion and the noise decrease. I may note that sometimes depending on where the crack is and if the welder is very good it may be welded but this type of metal is very hard to weld and have the weld hold.Im surprised that your mechanic could not spot the problem.I may add the the cat converter and manifold are sold as one unit,

Old 10-28-2014, 07:03 PM

1 posts, read 4,051 times
I have a 02 Dodge Stratus andI was oon my way home from workon the highway and the car started making a loud rumbling noise so I didn't know what the noise was I threw on the hazard lights and I was about one exit away when I pulled overinto a local parking lot and looked underneath the car and saw that the pipe leading to the muffler was hanging off. I call one of my very good friend and he came over to check the car out and I called my local mechanic and he said to take off the pipe if we can get it off and bring the car there.
seeing that I didn't have the necessary tools to get the pipe off of a car because there were bolts that needed to be unscrewed I called the mechanic back and ask him what else we can do because my friend couldn't get the pipe off of the car the mechanic told us to try to duck tape the pipe back together just to get the car to the garage.
so my friend did a quick fix with the duct tape and we got the car to the garage and it was just the straight pipe leading from the muffler the price was $120 all together it was $60 for the labor and $50 for the part.
if the flex pipe was broken then that would have been an additional $80 but think that all together it only cost $120 and the car is running just fine thank god.....

Old 04-05-2015, 09:29 PM

1 posts, read 3,528 times
I was driving my 2006 ford f 150 and I heard a pop and then my truck started making a very loud noise that gets louder when I accelerate. It was driving fine just the loud noise can anyone give me some ideas

Old 12-13-2015, 10:58 AM

1 posts, read 2,589 times
I have a honda civic 2005 coupe it all of a sudden is making some rattling noises from the engine and the car vibrates a lot , I know I haven't filled the engine oil but the noise and vibration is a lot the car is moving but the vibration is just to much plus the noise any suggestions what went wrong is the engine seased ?

Old 06-29-2016, 09:46 AM

1 posts, read 1,979 times
My 2003 kia spectra starts making a loud muffler sound in the front passenger side

Old 07-23-2016, 06:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,884 times
when i accelerate and drive my 2007 Ford focus it make s roaring sound. I have had it to several garages and no one seems to find the problem

Old 07-23-2016, 06:32 PM

2,657 posts, read 3,199,356 times
I like the exhaust answer, but there could possibly be an underlying cause. Hondas also like to blow motor mounts, and once they are blown the engine is free to move a lot more. This can cause exhaust leaks, and sometimes even rattling if the mounts are completely bad.

Old 07-24-2016, 06:58 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,177,876 times
Doesnt anyone read posting dates?????????????????????????????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive