U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 09:37 PM

14,095 posts, read 22,978,253 times

Advertisements

Another option to consider is the Buick Regal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 11:09 PM

10,396 posts, read 8,351,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanel24 View Post
Oh my - I am drowning trying to decide which car to buy. I was hoping someone might be able to give me some ideas or help me narrow my choice down.

So..... I am a twenty-something female. I want to buy a NEW car, not lease.

I have test drove the Acura TSX, Toyota Camry, Honda Accord, Fort Fusion, and VW CC.

My two favorites are the Camry and TSX. The Accord was too big as well as the CC. The Fusion was pretty good.

I require a car that is safe, blue tooth compatible, electric seats, decent sound system.

I am going to spend 25k-30k (tops)

A new Passat is coming this summer - so I don't know if I should wait for that - or just buy a Camry, TSX, or Fusion.

Are there any good cars in my price range that I have overlooked?? Is the TSX, Fusion, or Camry superior to one of the others or are any of them terrible?

Thanks for any help you can provide - my head is spinning (this is a lot of money to me!)
I would also cross/shop the Hyundai Sonata and Kia Optima. These brands have come a long way, especially the 2011 version of both cars. They have similar engine/platform but look and drive differently from one another. Optima is on my list for next purchase. Although, likewise, might wait to check out the new 2012 Passat.

Old 03-28-2011, 11:17 PM

4,464 posts, read 9,636,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
I actually took a quick look at some prices on used BMWs myself when I saw this post. I saw a pretty decent selection of 328i with about 20K miles for around 25K.
Yeah I missed out on an 06 330i with 54k miles and EVERYTHING from the parts list + CPO and maintenance for the next two years or 100k miles, whichever came first.

Price? $18.750 +ttl from a very legitimate dealer. I've bought another car, but I'm still insanely bummed about losing out on it, it was put up online late Saturday, I found it very late Sunday and called on it 09 am Monday, at which point a deal was pending.

Old 03-28-2011, 11:44 PM

24,511 posts, read 34,137,778 times
I second looking into the Nissan Altima. Get the upgraded Bose Sound system and bluetooth. Also, look into the hybrid, there's a tax incentive available for it, and it's got more horsepower than the 4 cyl, yet is much more economical than the v6.

Old 03-29-2011, 07:45 AM

14,777 posts, read 34,516,591 times
It seems like the OP is leaning towards a higher end / image look, but also values all the little bells and whistles. With that said, you can't have them both at your price point. You either need to give up the badge and gain the tech or vice versa.

For instance, your budget will barely swing a base model TSX. While that includes a decent stereo, bluetooth, iPod integration, heated leather seats and dual zone climate control, if you want a navigation system and the better stereo, you are going to be adding about $3k to the price of the car.

On the other hand you could get a Honda Accord or Fusion pretty much loaded including navigation with a V6 for less money. However, you will have given up the brand prestige you seem to be going for.

I would personally lean towards the TSX of the options you are considering, but I would also give a strong look at the new Buick Regal that is essentially a direct competitor to the TSX and both carry about the same amount of brand cache, heck Buick is probably more prestigious than Acura at this point.

However, I think you would be better off looking at used CPO luxury cars. You could easily get a slightly used (about 3 years old with 36k miles) BMW 3-series, Mercedes C-class or Audi A4 with all the options in the $25k-$30k range. So, do you want something NEW where you may have to pick between all the options you want or the brand you want or go with something slightly used and get it all, for probably less money.

Old 03-29-2011, 08:13 AM

270 posts, read 820,455 times
I have a 2007 Fusion, great car and very reliable. mine has all the bells and whistles including AWD and it was around $26,000 brand new. i would recomend!

I definitely wouldn't go with a Volkswagen. I had a passat a few years back and had nothing but problems. There is alot of expensive maintenance involved with german cars.

Old 04-08-2011, 08:20 PM

119 posts, read 276,694 times
In case anyone is curious - I bought a brand new Acura - what a very happy car!

Thank you everyone for your input and ideas

Old 04-08-2011, 10:11 PM

398 posts, read 1,192,089 times
Quote:

Thank you everyone for your input and ideas
Good Choice.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:14 PM

2,284 posts, read 3,033,364 times
Quote:
Good choice! Thanks for letting us know, drive safely.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:31 PM

10,755 posts, read 25,542,103 times
Congratulations on the new car! Enjoy!

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or