U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How often do you text while driving
Never, I enjoy driving 37 64.91%
No more than once a day or less 11 19.30%
Few times a day 6 10.53%
You mean people still drive without a cell phone in their hand? 3 5.26%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 03:01 PM
PDD

8,776 posts, read 14,805,557 times

Advertisements

Some of these posts are freaking me out. We have to drive these roads with these texting morons all the time.
Very disturbing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 03:53 PM

440 posts, read 1,666,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc76 View Post
So all you on here bitching about texting while driving, your main point is that we are taking our eyes off the road, right? So do you not take your eyes off the road while changing the station on the radio? Or navigating your GPS? or looking at other cars in traffic? Or looking at a nice house your driving by? Come on people, your being total hypocrits.
Exactly, the "against texting" crowd believe they are Gods or something and never do anything dangerous behind the wheel. No matter who you are, your eyes will never be on the road constantly when you are driving. Heck, even turning to check your blind spot takes your eyes off the road ahead of you.

My whole gripe is how everyone thinks texting is somehow more dangerous than any other distracted driving activity. It's not. I just witness today a guy behind me weaving all over the lane because he was turning around messing with his kids. And to think some people think he's "less dangerous" than someone texting.

Old 04-01-2011, 03:58 PM

2,497 posts, read 6,389,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
And if you have a blowout?

With nothing but wrists on the steering wheel off the road you go.....
And if you get a blow our while handing back little rugrat Johnny his pacifer wont have the same effect? Man some of you are just at war with texting just to be at war.

Old 04-01-2011, 04:00 PM

2,497 posts, read 6,389,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Some of these posts are freaking me out. We have to drive these roads with these texting morons all the time.
Very disturbing.
Yeah and us who text have to deal with the A-holes who dont use turn signals, those who have to tend to their spawn, those who are generally bad drivers and those who are too busy worrying about the texters.

Old 04-01-2011, 04:08 PM

4,464 posts, read 9,966,792 times
Quote:
Yeah and us who text have to deal with the A-holes who dont use turn signals, those who have to tend to their spawn, those who are generally bad drivers and those who are too busy worrying about the texters.
Quote:
Very disturbing.
I guess I win, since I use my turn signals, mirrors, don't txt or talk on the phone and don't have any kids.

Old 04-01-2011, 04:56 PM

30,201 posts, read 16,739,466 times
No, never have. I have talked on my cell while driving but haven't ever since it's been made illegal here a few years ago (unless you have a Bluetooth headset).

Old 04-01-2011, 04:59 PM

3,185 posts, read 4,030,692 times
Those of us against texting while driving are not implying that it's THE problem, but that it's A problem. Most people are ill-equipped to operate a vehicle anyway, and they have tons of distractions that just exacerbate the problem, be it texting, excessive playing with the radio, kids, food, anything really.

Old 04-01-2011, 05:01 PM
PDD

8,776 posts, read 14,805,557 times
Quote:
If you text while you drive you are automatically a bad driver.
Stupid is as stupid does.

The first person who runs into me while texting gets to eat his own phone.

Old 04-01-2011, 05:27 PM

874 posts, read 1,396,249 times
No, I have the patience to wait and text back later.

Old 04-01-2011, 06:32 PM

4,248 posts, read 10,524,992 times
Quote:
If you text while you drive you are automatically a bad driver.
Stupid is as stupid does.

The first person who runs into me while texting gets to eat his own phone.

Awesome, they get a ticket while you go to jail for assualt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or