Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 05:02 AM

3,382 posts, read 8,649,357 times

Advertisements

I never let them talk payments, they still always do, I just reverse the payments and figure my price.

Drove them nuts as I kept finding the extra $500 here or there that gets tacked on.

When you pay, bring it in Bricks of $1 bills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2013, 09:04 AM

843 posts, read 2,216,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangEater82 View Post
I never let them talk payments, they still always do, I just reverse the payments and figure my price.
Why tolerate it? I make it clear up front that I do not tolerate any sales BS, quoting prices in payments, talking about trade in before a price is negotiated, etc.. I give them 0 chances. I'll drive 500 miles if I have to in order to deal with an honest person.

Old 11-22-2013, 09:40 AM

1,123 posts, read 3,111,097 times
Most dealers want you to finance. I suggest just going along with it to get the best price. Then just pay off the loan right away and get the title. Its virtually the same as paying cash, will look great on your credit report, and might get you a lower price on the car.

Old 11-27-2015, 09:13 PM

1 posts, read 1,555 times
plz anyone give suggestion ? IF IM BUY CAR FULLY CASH PAY...WHAT IS PRON N CONS?

Old 05-14-2018, 04:09 AM

1 posts, read 685 times
Before you parachute into a new car dealer looking for the best deal on your next set of wheels.

Old 05-15-2018, 08:11 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,248,094 times
dealer makes the bulk of their profit in the sale and hope you come back for service. The kick back they make on financing is probably equivalent to selling you undercoating and whatever extras the backroom guy/gal tries to push.

when you pay cash or finance through your own insitution doesn't matter to the dealership other than they're not making a little extra on the financing.

Old 05-15-2018, 08:17 PM

797 posts, read 752,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckeroo View Post
Before you parachute into a new car dealer looking for the best deal on your next set of wheels.
Same with post.

Old 05-16-2018, 08:05 AM

2,254 posts, read 2,738,154 times
I make it real simple for the dealer. I buy new cars (when I can) through the Costco purchase program. That lists the discounted price. Done. If they try to lead me astray I have no issue with telling the sales manager to find me a salesman who listens to the customer rather than the one I am dealing with.

Old 05-16-2018, 08:06 AM

2,254 posts, read 2,738,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SASI96 View Post
plz anyone give suggestion ? IF IM BUY CAR FULLY CASH PAY...WHAT IS PRON N CONS?
For you? All Pros. You own the car. Done. No debt. No payments. Can't think of a single con (although I'm sure someone will point out you could have financed the car and use the cash for investments, blah blah blah). Pay cash and move on.

Old 05-16-2018, 09:37 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,802,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_reino View Post
Most dealers want you to finance. I suggest just going along with it to get the best price. Then just pay off the loan right away and get the title. Its virtually the same as paying cash, will look great on your credit report, and might get you a lower price on the car.
Yes most dealers want you to finance. No borrowing and paying off immediately is not a good idea. They charge loan fees. There are different names for the fees, but you pay a considerable amount up front that gets rolled into the loan. Pay it off early and you still pay those fees. Also some have an early payment penalty in the fine print. It does not help your credit report significantly if at all if you pay off a loan immediately. A history of making timely payments is what helps.

However it is a good idea to play along. Negotiate the best total price let them discuss payments if they want to, but tell them you are interested in the purchase price more than what the monthly payment is. Then once you have the best price you can get, tell them you decided you do not want to pay interest and fees on a loan and will just pay cash. Sometimes they will come back with 05 interest and no fees, or an interest/fee combination so low it makes more sense for you to invest the money and make payments.

Also do not forget to make the throw in an extra key fob and some floor mats - especially the key fob, they will always give you an extra and if you have to buy one later it will cost as much as $500 when you include the programming. If you lose your key fob, then a replacement can end up costing over $1,000. Free is better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive