Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 11:15 PM

7,305 posts, read 28,109,877 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the replies. Well here is a pic of that '12 Civic I was really interested in... now its battered from the major hail storm we had on Wednesday night.

The same car posted above (before the storm) is this car now... cant really see much of the damage because of the color, but its all dented up, back window smashed out and the windshield is busted.... also notice how the hail stripped the leaves off of the trees in this area....

I am leaning more toward the Civic now, the EX I can get for about $23K and thats with every option available. I really wanted a Tundra, but like most have said, gas is going to go through the roof.

I could probably get this particular damaged Civic for about $14K when the sale starts, but really not wanting a car that the interior got wet on.

Here is the Altima I was interested in, I may also go that route, either the Civic or Altima. I know the Altima is larger, but still gets good MPG. May go with the 2.5 S and like someone said, get my own navigation system put in it.

Here is the Altima I was interested in... hail battered too...

Yeah, I like the Accords too... may check those out as well... also had those damaged on the lot... every car on the lot was heavily damaged!

all of these Altimas have broken windshields.... and 1/2 have broken rear windows...

You cant buy a new non-hail damaged car in our town right now... you have to go to towns 20-30 miles away and hope that dealer wasnt hit. Since I am not buying for another 2-4 months, they will have new cars by then.

Last edited by Tennesseestorm; 04-30-2011 at 11:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2011, 11:27 PM

The irony is that our Toyota dealership is on the other side of town... and the fartherest west dealer in town... most cars were under the big covered lots, but the trucks were all setting out. I didnt see any hail damage on them when I looked... must not have had damaging hail on that side of town.

Old 05-01-2011, 01:39 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,500,829 times
Sorry but if you really think the Civic is worth buying there is no hope for you. The 2012 is a complete turd, a dud and is brand new and is already behind the competition. It looks horrid and the interior is worse. You can't even get the manual in the EX model anymore. MPG isn't better than the competition nor features. You do get a ricer V-tech gauge for the ricers that buy these cars.

SMH

Old 05-01-2011, 05:42 PM

2,497 posts, read 7,447,042 times
If you dont need a truck dont get a truck. I would avoid the 2012 Civic. I have a 2008 and love it but the new 2012 redesign has shady build quality, very disappointed with Honda right now with this cookie cutter new Civic.
I's get a 2011 Civic. Great on gas super reliable, excellent build quality and unlike the 2012 Civic the previous Civics dont looks like a Mazda 3 crapped out a Pontiac G6.

Old 05-01-2011, 05:48 PM

2,497 posts, read 7,447,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
You do get a ricer V-tech gauge for the ricers that buy these cars.

SMH
The first part of your post was logical and right on, the new 2012 Civic is crap, but I'm not a ricer, I just enjoy saving money by owning a fuel efficient car that gets me from a to b with no upkeep, if that makes me a "ricer" then bring on the chop sticks!!!!

Old 05-01-2011, 08:43 PM

11,754 posts, read 14,573,193 times
Someone knowledgeable about body work can answer this question better than I, but if those dents really are only cosmetic you might hope to get a good deal on one of the hail-damaged Accords.

Old 05-01-2011, 09:00 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,755,128 times
I use to drive sedans... I love the gas mileage and driving was okay but getting in and out of the car was tiresome... I drive an SUV now... gets horrible gas mileage, drives great, and getting in and out of the car is also great.... gas is expensive but that's okay... I feel good... I could be paying less for gas with a sedan but I wouldn't feel good anymore... I like the new 2011 Ford Edge but its also much more expensive than the cars you listed...

Old 05-01-2011, 09:59 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,138,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseestorm View Post
Thanks. I am a plain kindof person though
Looking at your choice of cars, that goes without saying.

I know Id have eons of regret from having to drive one of those cars, let alone hand over my hard earned money for one. The way I see it is, you live up to 4 years of your life in a car. Its a tool used to get away, for freedom, to see the world in. Have some fun!

Old 05-01-2011, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseestorm View Post
The irony is that our Toyota dealership is on the other side of town... and the fartherest west dealer in town... most cars were under the big covered lots, but the trucks were all setting out. I didnt see any hail damage on them when I looked... must not have had damaging hail on that side of town.
Well, I was wrong. I was out there today and they do have MINOR hail damage on the Toyotas and all dealers on that side of town, just wasnt as severe as other areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
Sorry but if you really think the Civic is worth buying there is no hope for you. The 2012 is a complete turd, a dud and is brand new and is already behind the competition. It looks horrid and the interior is worse. You can't even get the manual in the EX model anymore. MPG isn't better than the competition nor features. You do get a ricer V-tech gauge for the ricers that buy these cars.

SMH
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc76 View Post
If you dont need a truck dont get a truck. I would avoid the 2012 Civic. I have a 2008 and love it but the new 2012 redesign has shady build quality, very disappointed with Honda right now with this cookie cutter new Civic.
I's get a 2011 Civic. Great on gas super reliable, excellent build quality and unlike the 2012 Civic the previous Civics dont looks like a Mazda 3 crapped out a Pontiac G6.
Yeah, I have researched more on the '12 Civic and looked at them. There is no doubt that its not up to par when compared to some of the competition. I think what was so appealing to me on those cars is that I could get all of the options available without having to get leather interior, etc. Seems like most cars in order to get alot of high end options, you have to opt for the ones with leather interior. With the Civic, you can get an EX with cloth interior, but with every other option available. With the Accord for example, you have to get an EX-L with leather before you can get every option like navigation, etc. I do think that you can get a Nissan Sentra though with cloth and all of the other goodies, as well as the Hyundai Sonata GLS, with cloth, but you can get everything on it as well that you can get on the Limited (minus the fancy wheels and leather interior).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Someone knowledgeable about body work can answer this question better than I, but if those dents really are only cosmetic you might hope to get a good deal on one of the hail-damaged Accords.
Yeah, they have alot of hail damaged Accords, thats for sure! Some have the windows shattered out and the interiors got wet. They had all of these open windows covered up, but some plastic has blown off like on this one....

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I use to drive sedans... I love the gas mileage and driving was okay but getting in and out of the car was tiresome... I drive an SUV now... gets horrible gas mileage, drives great, and getting in and out of the car is also great.... gas is expensive but that's okay... I feel good... I could be paying less for gas with a sedan but I wouldn't feel good anymore... I like the new 2011 Ford Edge but its also much more expensive than the cars you listed...
Yeah, thinking of some SUVs too... the Explorer is one I like, gets fairly good mpg as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Looking at your choice of cars, that goes without saying.

I know Id have eons of regret from having to drive one of those cars, let alone hand over my hard earned money for one. The way I see it is, you live up to 4 years of your life in a car. Its a tool used to get away, for freedom, to see the world in. Have some fun!
I know, but I am not ashamed of it, lol. I am rethinking on some of my choices, however, I think the Civic may be off the list and have added a few others for research... some like the Chevy Cruze LT, Hyundai Sonata GLS and Buick LaCrosse... still thinking about Tacoma - marked off Tundra because of the dreadful gas mileage.... just depends on how much money I am dealing with when the time comes to purchase.

Thanks again!

Old 05-02-2011, 10:24 AM

3,128 posts, read 6,500,829 times
that hail damage is insane
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive