Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 07:53 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,473,283 times

Advertisements

Today, on my way to class tp take my final exam a lady almost ran me off the road. I got pissed , honked my horn and flipped her off. Case closed! Or so I thought. I was driving behind her for a while because we are headed in the same direction. Aftera while she speeds up to close around 65 miles an hour and get way passed me.
I keep driving and all of a sudden she is behind me. She must have pulled off somewhere and waited for me to pass so she could get in behind me. She now follows me around all over town. Finally at a red light I hurry up into the turning lane before she has the chance to get in behind me again.Instead she is standing at the light next to me holding up traffic shouting at me through her window. Moderator cut: Too much information, hence why the filter blocks out words After 15 seconds she is forced to leave because she is holding people up next to her. I was freaked out and learned one important thing. Never pull stupid stunts like I do because you never know what maniacs that are out there on the roads.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 04-25-2011 at 08:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 08:13 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,557,269 times
The very reason why I carry.
Additionally, if you are not willing to deal with someone reacting in such a manner you're best to keep your finger & horn to yourself

Last edited by WFW&P; 04-25-2011 at 08:22 PM..

Old 04-25-2011, 08:16 PM

1,739 posts, read 1,915,093 times
Moderator cut: Orphaned comment: The OP has been edited

Anyway, she wouldn't have scared me. In fact after what she said I guarantee she probably would have ended up in the ER. Never put up with crap and be intimidated on the roads. If you are, you'll never get anywhere.

And just for the record...I'm normally a calm and considerate driver. But I live by "I give what I get".

Last edited by bmwguydc; 04-25-2011 at 09:00 PM.. Reason: Orphaned comment

Old 04-25-2011, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Mod cut
Anyway, she wouldn't have scared me. In fact after what she said I guarantee she probably would have ended up in the ER. Never put up with crap and be intimidated on the roads. If you are, you'll never get anywhere.

And just for the record...I'm normally a calm and considerate driver. But I live by "I give what I get".

I was wrong for flipping her off.
But to most sane people that is all there is. We get flipped off and honked at and go on with our lives. I don't know if this woman is armed or are ready to do something stupid. I am going to watch myself from now on.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 04-25-2011 at 09:01 PM.. Reason: Edited quoted text

Old 04-25-2011, 08:55 PM

1,096 posts, read 4,525,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Today, on my way to class tp take my final exam a lady almost ran me off the road. I got pissed , honked my horn and flipped her off. Case closed! Or so I thought. I was driving behind her for a while because we are headed in the same direction. Aftera while she speeds up to close around 65 miles an hour and get way passed me.
I keep driving and all of a sudden she is behind me. She must have pulled off somewhere and waited for me to pass so she could get in behind me. She now follows me around all over town. Finally at a red light I hurry up into the turning lane before she has the chance to get in behind me again.Instead she is standing at the light next to me holding up traffic shouting at me through her window. Mod cut After 15 seconds she is forced to leave because she is holding people up next to her. I was freaked out and learned one important thing. Never pull stupid stunts like I do because you never know what maniacs that are out there on the roads.
Best thing to do if you gte someone like this is pull over and get out of your car. 99.9% of the time someone elseis a tough guy in their car when they have an easy getaway and are protected by the car but once challenged will speed off.

Keep in mind 0.01% of the time they will get out of the car with a gun lol.

I recently had a somewhat similar sitation I stopped and got out of my car and the guy became really timid. I told him don't flip people off and act like a tough guy if your not going to get out of your car and box. Same to you, if you aren't ready to deal with the consequences don't flip people off.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 04-25-2011 at 09:00 PM.. Reason: Edited quoted text

Old 04-25-2011, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfr69 View Post
Same to you, if you aren't ready to deal with the consequences don't flip people off.
I already said so. Not worth it.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:10 PM

3,135 posts, read 11,885,624 times
This is why you keep lots of pennies in your car. Just throw them out the window behind you as she tailgates you. Helps if you are left handed.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:11 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,337,523 times
I've flipped off someone who didn't like it once. After denting his hood, he calmed down.

I've also had people follow me in cars etc. I usually make it clear that I'm about to stop, and they'll drive off.

Then again, I'm a 6 feet man at 208lbs.

And for the record, I've also gotten really pissed a couple of times and followed people, so yeah.... Usually I'm very nice though

Old 04-25-2011, 09:18 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,851,256 times
It's not a matter of whether or not you could take someone. I'm a big dude, over six feet, who's been in plenty of fights and taken martial arts. I can definitely hold my own.

It's also not a matter of whether or not you carry. I own a firearm myself.

You never know who has a black belt in crazy. You never know who wrote themself a license to kill.

If that nutjob has a gun, gets behind you out of view, and starts opening up on your car, what good is "you being able to take them" or "you carrying" going to do? Squat. Better hope none of those bullets finds your skull, or that of someone in a car on the other side of you.

I've had plenty of people road rage at me before, and yeah, I've dished it back myself. But it's stupid, it really is. If someone pulls a bonehead maneuver in front of me, I usually just honk to let them know they're about to do something dumb, and then forget it happened.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:30 PM

To the Moderators. All I was doing is recalling the events that happened. If that was too much, Im sorry. I will try to be more PC!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive