U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 02:33 PM

2,737 posts, read 2,576,230 times

Advertisements

Please tell me you've seen the terrible reality show dealing with uShip? I wouldn't trust any of those idiots near my car. I know the 6 or so featured aren't the only shippers and it's reality (fake) tv, but it doesn't make the company look good. I'd only go with a reputable company who only ships cars. Not some guy who decided to put living room furniture on top of my car to make more $.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2014, 02:51 PM

1,123 posts, read 2,327,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prpl_haze View Post
I have a well maintained 2004 with 125K miles on it.
What kind of car is it? If it is a basic sedan worth less than $10,000 then you are better off selling it and buying a new one in CA.

Old 02-07-2014, 06:01 PM

5,076 posts, read 7,969,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Everyine i know that has used DAS has been pleased..
Meh. I used them and the car arrived with 2 new dings, full of cigarette ashes with a burn on the shift boot. DAS isn't that great.

Old 02-07-2014, 08:36 PM

5 posts, read 18,832 times
wamer, I have not seen the "reality" show, but this is basically a way to get me in touch with several businesses. Uship helps process the transaction, but the individual company handles the car. And like you said, there's many sellers.

Using U-bid, I found this company Montway that has a good rating and has been great at communication so far. I can pay a bit extra for top-rack so nothing leaks on my car (which I have no intention of selling, and no time to do so). I'm still checking out the other bids and have only a few more days to get something set up but they're in the lead so far.

Old 02-07-2014, 10:09 PM

2,737 posts, read 2,576,230 times
Quote:
wamer, I have not seen the "reality" show, but this is basically a way to get me in touch with several businesses. Uship helps process the transaction, but the individual company handles the car. And like you said, there's many sellers.

Using U-bid, I found this company Montway that has a good rating and has been great at communication so far. I can pay a bit extra for top-rack so nothing leaks on my car (which I have no intention of selling, and no time to do so). I'm still checking out the other bids and have only a few more days to get something set up but they're in the lead so far.
I see Montway only ships cars, so that's a great sign. The show would have a guy with no money driving a van that was junk and broke down many times and could barely have money for fuel and he'd stop and pick up other crap along the way and stuff it in the trailer with a car. The guy was probably an actor pulling staged loads for TV.

Old 02-08-2014, 06:26 AM

42,668 posts, read 71,556,197 times
Quote:
jtur88, if you're talking to me, again thanks for not reading and/or missing the entire point of my post.
No, I was addressing the OP and the title of the thread. I intentionally made it a point to miss the entire point of your post. Which was about reality TV shows land corporate enterprises, to which my suggestion was an alterantive.

Old 02-08-2014, 06:48 AM

5 posts, read 18,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
No, I was addressing the OP and the title of the thread. I intentionally made it a point to miss the entire point of your post. Which was about reality TV shows land corporate enterprises, to which my suggestion was an alterantive.
Fair enough. But it was not I that brought up reality TV.

Old 05-30-2014, 10:36 AM

3 posts, read 9,719 times
A friend in the "high-end" transport bus. (see more below) gave me this: MA to CO was $1500 flat/full fee, door-to-door, which was 1984 miles. Less than $1/mile.

We have not yet shipped, b/c in no rush, and if a "last slot" opens up, the carrier said he could probably give us a discount to fill his load. Where you come/go and relative to the rest of the load is a big variable; if you are "out of way" on either end, and carrier unlikely to fill your slot with another car there (or nearby), s/he loses money.

The High-End biz: shipping all kinds of classic cars for movie industry shoots, and top bands (all audio/videao gear, stage props, and instruments). So, the transport is "excellent" -- less savory outfits might save you some $$ but you take on much greater risk. ~LBird

Old 05-30-2014, 11:00 AM

5,229 posts, read 11,487,380 times
I used Quality Relocation Services, Inc, who I contacted through a broker, Exclusive Auto Carriers, to ship my '63 Comet from Bremerton, WA to Pikesville, MD. Total cost on an open carrier was $925 and that was in April of this year.

Old 06-24-2014, 01:24 PM

1 posts, read 2,847 times
I'm planning a move from salt lake city, UT to Rex Georgia. I dont want to drive my vehicle because its a lifted jeep and it'll cost me more in fuel. plus it would take 3-4 days to drive it because it's not exactly a powerhouse. Can anyone help me find a decent company to go through to ship my jeep? Please and Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive