U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 04:24 PM

1 posts, read 2,786 times

Advertisements

I read through this thread and haven't found the advice I'm looking for.

So my car is a '13 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution with 23100mi. I need to move from Jacksonville FL to Modesto, CA.

I really would prefer not to drive my car because I just dont want to add ~2700miles plus tires and brakes are expensive for this car, among other things.

I'm getting around $1300 from my company for the drive there. I've been considering shipping it on an open container truck or even renting a uhaul truck with towing trailer (too expensive).

I would just like to hear you guys comments or advice. If at the end of the day I need to drive it, then so be it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2015, 01:28 AM

6 posts, read 3,383 times
Enclosed Carrier is costlier than the Open Carrier. Its better to choose the Enclosed Carrier since you can have the luxurious or costly car. Don't go with cheap rated auto transport company, better to go with middle rated company.I recommend to use auto transport broker companies. They are the industry chain with freight business. Check the broker company have the license and authority of FMCSA and DOT for the broker vehicles. The basic broker's job is to find a carrier that may be individual or company that employs drivers and done the auto transportation. They have the resource of the vehicles around the area we need for the shipment.

Old 10-22-2015, 04:42 AM

4,720 posts, read 4,840,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakrosovalser View Post
I read through this thread and haven't found the advice I'm looking for.

I would just like to hear you guys comments or advice. If at the end of the day I need to drive it, then so be it.
I drove across country with a newer vehicle.
Ended up with some road rash/paint chips during trip.

I'll never do that again with any vehicle that has plus value. A covered carrier is the only solution if you value your vehicle.

Potential sand storms in Southwest, tornadoes, and hail storms. And ordinary debris on interstates.

One year (different vehicle) I hit a pot hole early morning (dark) during a rain storm. Flat tire and bent rim. Tennessee. Each state is different as to highway maintenance. Some real good while others very lacking. The donut spare is only good for 50 - 100 miles. Then what?

Old 03-13-2016, 01:13 PM

2 posts, read 3,033 times
Default Los Angeles, CA to Jacksonville, FL

Looking to ship a vehicle, RV, etc across country???

My husband and I are moving from Los Angeles to Jacksonville, have excellent driving record and can drive your car for you. Just please pay for insurance and gas, that's all!!
Interested?? Just email me. bushchrissy@gmail.com
Aloha

Old 06-15-2017, 05:34 AM

2,515 posts, read 997,170 times
We're moving later this summer from the Chicago area to Henderson, NV. I'll have my 2015 Camaro shipped in an enclosed carrier for about $1100 with Reliable Auto Transport, the company that hauls high-end cars to the various auctions. To me, it's worth every penny to use Reliable and it's just part of the expense of moving.

Old 06-15-2017, 07:03 AM

2,633 posts, read 692,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
We're moving later this summer from the Chicago area to Henderson, NV. I'll have my 2015 Camaro shipped in an enclosed carrier for about $1100 with Reliable Auto Transport, the company that hauls high-end cars to the various auctions. To me, it's worth every penny to use Reliable and it's just part of the expense of moving.
Reliable is the company that GM uses to transport cars and trucks to auto shows around the country their trucks have the kink size sleepers very good auto transport company they haul the exotic cars also.

Old 06-15-2017, 01:06 PM

1,205 posts, read 2,056,630 times
Intercity lines is also a very good one. They are the board sponsor for 6speedonline which is a car forum for porsches and other exotics. Probably won't be the cheapest
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive