Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2014, 09:10 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,588,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
See those signs on the side of the road saying "Slower Traffic Keep Right"? Those signs are there for a reason. And they're not merely suggestions; they are the law.

I swear, I'm gonna start carrying a five million candlepower spotlight in my car and start shining it in the mirrors of left-lane barnacles who don't get the hint when there's a line of traffic behind them -- or worse yet, when traffic starts blowing by them in the right lane...
Maybe if you went to bed on time you could get up on time instead of racing and trying to kill others on the road. I bet you are the same person that bobs and weaves in and out of lanes most likely without a turn signal too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2014, 09:02 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,166,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1278 View Post
Maybe if you went to bed on time you could get up on time instead of racing and trying to kill others on the road. I bet you are the same person that bobs and weaves in and out of lanes most likely without a turn signal too
I bet you're the same person who likes to make idiot assumptions about others. And the difference between my assumption about you and your assumption about me is that you have a post history that bears my assumption out.

Old 05-23-2014, 09:18 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,082,432 times
Folks please vote in my left lane poll:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/autom...ane-usage.html

Old 12-24-2014, 09:39 AM

2 posts, read 1,422 times
Talking one small problem with your anger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
See those signs on the side of the road saying "Slower Traffic Keep Right"? Those signs are there for a reason. And they're not merely suggestions; they are the law.

I swear, I'm gonna start carrying a five million candlepower spotlight in my car and start shining it in the mirrors of left-lane barnacles who don't get the hint when there's a line of traffic behind them -- or worse yet, when traffic starts blowing by them in the right lane...
"Slower Traffic Keep Right" doesn't mean "slower than YOU want to go" it only means slower than the speed limit. No one is required to grant you right-of-way because you want to break the speed limit law. It is designated as a LIMIT for a reason...

Last edited by leftlanedrivesbetter; 12-24-2014 at 10:00 AM..

Old 12-24-2014, 09:51 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
Recently I was travelling at or just above the speed limit on a local expressway passing a slower car. To my annoyance an even slower car about 1/4 mile ahead pulled into the left lane I was still in for no apparent reason. I slowed down a bit until I saw it was an elderly driver changing lanes for the left exit 3 miles ahead. Then I just accelerated and passed them in the right hand lane. I figured I had the shoulder to move into if they suddenly decided to move back into the right lane. They never used a turn signal. I have learned to expect this around here.

I am a grey beard as well but I try to drive in a polite and thoughtful manner most of the time.

Old 12-24-2014, 10:11 AM

3,306 posts, read 12,220,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftlanedrivesbetter View Post
"Slower Traffic Keep Right" doesn't mean "slower than YOU want to go" it only means slower than the speed limit.
If it meant that it would state that. It doesn't, so move over.

Old 12-24-2014, 02:45 PM

15,430 posts, read 25,807,497 times
Quote:
"Slower Traffic Keep Right" doesn't mean "slower than YOU want to go" it only means slower than the speed limit. No one is required to grant you right-of-way because you want to break the speed limit law. It is designated as a LIMIT for a reason...
That is not what it means. However, that sign should read "Keep Right Except to Pass". That is what it means.

Old 12-25-2014, 09:43 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,447,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
That is not what it means. However, that sign should read "Keep Right Except to Pass". That is what it means.
Yep - it's simple. Keep right unless passing.

Many, many years ago my BIL got stopped by a Maine state trooper and given a ticket for traveling in the left lane on the Maine Turnpike. My BIL protested that there was no one else on the road. The trooper replied that since there was no one else on the road, the right lane was available, and that's where my BIL should have been.

Old 12-25-2014, 10:58 AM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Wrong, depending on the State. On two lane roads the left lane is considered a passing lane and you will be given a ticket for impeding traffic even if you too are speeding (over the speed limit).

Old 12-25-2014, 11:25 AM

2,209 posts, read 2,317,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1278 View Post
Preach it!!

Habitual speeders would do well to take time-management classes; therefore, they would learn to budget their time better thus (hopefully) eliminating their chronic tardiness which should eliminate their need to speed.

Aggressive drivers ( speeders, tailgaters, lane weavers) seem to think that their time is more valuable than that of other drivers; that their intended destination is better or more enticing than the destination of others, thus giving these a-holes a sense of superiority and a 'I'm more important than you' mentality....

Here in So. Cal aggressive driving is rampant. If I'm going 80 in the fast lane, there's always a jackass that wants to go 90 and expects me to hop out of his way immediately so as not to inconvenience his travel. Even if the right lanes are full ( and I can't move right). He'll ride my bumper, flash his lights, and if he has to pass me, he'll swerve in front of me as a final parting insult.

Guys like that are everywhere, even on residential streets. I've had guys pass me on a small residential street ( where there is no passing lane) and where kids/people might be out playing, walking, etc. I got into a nose-to/nose argument with two teenage wannabe tough guys about that once. They passed me on a residential, flipped me off, so I blew my horn and gave them the bird back. We got to a stop sign; they got out, I got out. One weanie got out holding his 'The Club' anti-theft steering wheel lock as a weapon. I threatened both of them with physical violence...I wanted to fight. They both got in their car and left. Looking back, it was childish of me to allow these a-holes to rile me up like that. But at the time, I wanted to send a message: you don't behave like that and not expect a response.

I'm not a tough guy or show-off, but I do hate disrespectful drivers that often infringe upon ( and often endanger) the lives of other drivers. And from what I have experienced, aggressive, rude drivers HATE, HATE when other drivers meet their aggression and rudeness head-on; like they feel above being challenged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive