U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 08:12 PM

13,627 posts, read 17,019,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I agree with you no the Harley thing, I just could never get why people like the sound of those non reving flat sounding things ! LOL
I've got to disagree with you on the diesel thing though... I love the sound of a diesel, expecially an early Cummins (dodge) just rattling away.
Have you ever touched the throttle on a 1400 V-Twin? I seriously doubt it with that statement, non-revving? HA!

Old 09-12-2011, 09:35 PM

8,402 posts, read 18,202,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deez Nuttz View Post
Anyone who thinks you must be small because you drive a truck/fast car/loud vehicle must be a homo.
Anyone who relates any non-actually-related subject to penis size or sexual inclination as an intended insult needs to grow up.

Loud is only appropriate if it is a byproduct of significantly improved performance, IMHO. Pure race vehicles of all types fall into this category. 85 HP automatic 4 cylinder 4 door Altimas with a fart can scorching the plastic bumper cover out back do not. OTOH a different sound than stock is a matter of personal preference. My GTO sounds much better with Magnaflows and an X-pipe, but if it runs any better I can't really tell. In conjunction with the Vararam "ram air" it may have slightly snappier throttle response. But it's not loud until WOT.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:52 PM

4,220 posts, read 19,104,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
Anyone who relates any non-actually-related subject to penis size or sexual inclination as an intended insult needs to grow up.
And anyone who can't take a joke who feels compelled to about it needs to just grow some thicker skin.

Old 09-12-2011, 10:21 PM

8,402 posts, read 18,202,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deez Nuttz View Post
And anyone who can't take a joke who feels compelled to about it needs to just grow some thicker skin.
Your post wasn't written as a joke, or if that was your intent you failed. I'm not , nor am I personally affected by anything you're said. But I bet some "homos" might take offense.

Than again, anyone who chooses to represent themselves on an international forum by using an early '90s teenage cliche isn't to be taken very seriously anyway. Maybe misplaced sexual humor is the limit for you?

That being said, are you here to talk about cars, or to toss out juvenile insults?

Old 09-13-2011, 05:57 AM

4,220 posts, read 19,104,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
Your post wasn't written as a joke, or if that was your intent you failed. I'm not , nor am I personally affected by anything you're said. But I bet some "homos" might take offense.

Than again, anyone who chooses to represent themselves on an international forum by using an early '90s teenage cliche isn't to be taken very seriously anyway. Maybe misplaced sexual humor is the limit for you?

That being said, are you here to talk about cars, or to toss out juvenile insults?
Well you obviously are . I'm here to talk cars, but some dudes think they need to throw in something about compensating for lack of male anatomy if they don't like or agree with the kind of car you're driving. That usually says said individual has one thing on his mind and it's not cars. If they'd only leave this stuff out of the posts. Cars are just a form of self expression, and not a compensation for anything. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Old 09-13-2011, 07:32 AM

6,836 posts, read 4,668,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Have you ever touched the throttle on a 1400 V-Twin? I seriously doubt it with that statement, non-revving? HA!
Your absolutely correct. Never touched one and couldn't even tell you what bike they are in. My statement was more geared towards what I hear on the road, mostly some sort of Harley with straight pipes revving slow and sounding flat... never said I was right about everything or anything !

Old 09-13-2011, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Your absolutely correct. Never touched one and couldn't even tell you what bike they are in. My statement was more geared towards what I hear on the road, mostly some sort of Harley with straight pipes revving slow and sounding flat... never said I was right about everything or anything !
I'm guessing you're talking about a Sportster, both of my dads Harleys have never sounded flat, nor did they rev slow.

Old 09-13-2011, 12:21 PM

13,721 posts, read 23,077,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
What do you base that statement on?
Based on the complete lack of proof when most people replace a portion of their exhaust with an aftermarket part and claim "the new flowmasters definitely give me more power."

Old 09-13-2011, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Based on the complete lack of proof when most people replace a portion of their exhaust with an aftermarket part and claim "the new flowmasters definitely give me more power."
And you have proof that they don't? Aftermarket exhausts are much less restrictive, apparently you have no idea.

Old 09-13-2011, 06:06 PM

4,464 posts, read 9,014,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Didn't you say exhaust system though?

I certainly know for a fact that Subaru Impreza Turbos benefit greatly from a turbo back system. A better DP certainly helps as well, but Turboback alone does wonders too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive