Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 08:48 AM

279 posts, read 508,210 times

Advertisements

My brother was driving in Boston this week and saw this. Did not know WTH it was but soon figured it out. It's called a Rally Fighter made by a company from AZ called Local Motors. Was on Top Gear US show also. Since it has parts from different car company's they should have called it Frankenstein.

Rally Fighter - Home

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2011, 08:55 AM

8,402 posts, read 24,215,373 times
It sits up far too high to compete with rally-type cars, if that's what "Rally Fighter" is supposed to mean.

Old 10-02-2011, 09:17 AM

Not sure why they called it that since it is more of a Baja 500 vehicle but I don't care because it is cool (maybe it just runs Rally cars over?) LOL. It was designed by a regular person through a contest the company held and when you purchse it they include you in the build with the sticker price including room, board and food.

BTW it couldn't compete in Rally races since Rally requires no more than 2.0 motors

Last edited by stevo75; 10-02-2011 at 09:25 AM..

Old 10-02-2011, 09:45 AM

It is kinda cool in a funky way. Definitely different for a street car.

Old 10-02-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
It is kinda cool in a funky way. Definitely different for a street car.

When my brother texted it to me he couldn't get his eyes off of it. 425MPH and it get 30MPG.

What I would do to get my hands on the latest Vmax (former Vstar1100 owner)

Old 10-02-2011, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo75 View Post
When my brother texted it to me he couldn't get his eyes off of it. 425MPH and it get 30MPG.

What I would do to get my hands on the latest Vmax (former Vstar1100 owner)
REALLY?!?!?!?! 425 MPH?!?!?!? I don't care what it looks like if it will go that fast. I want one.

I'm going to assume that's a typo, although I can't figure what spec you were trying to post about.

I had a '97 Vmax that I bought in '99 in perfect condition. Had it a few months, then sold it just before I bought my house. As a first motorcycle at 34 years old, it was terrifying. NOT a good starter bike. I wouldn't mind another power cruiser, but I'd like to find a V65 or something like it. I'm not thrilled with all the Harley lookalikes, or Harleys. The new Vmax is even more over the top than all the previous models, by quite a bit.

Old 10-02-2011, 11:54 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,074,986 times
Quote:
REALLY?!?!?!?! 425 MPH?!?!?!? I don't care what it looks like if it will go that fast. I want one.

I'm going to assume that's a typo, although I can't figure what spec you were trying to post about.

I had a '97 Vmax that I bought in '99 in perfect condition. Had it a few months, then sold it just before I bought my house. As a first motorcycle at 34 years old, it was terrifying. NOT a good starter bike. I wouldn't mind another power cruiser, but I'd like to find a V65 or something like it. I'm not thrilled with all the Harley lookalikes, or Harleys. The new Vmax is even more over the top than all the previous models, by quite a bit.
YES....THEY....ARE...have you got a chance to ride one yet VM just to check it out?Vicious,but pricey.

Old 10-02-2011, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo75 View Post
My brother was driving in Boston this week and saw this. Did not know WTH it was but soon figured it out. It's called a Rally Fighter made by a company from AZ called Local Motors. Was on Top Gear US show also. Since it has parts from different car company's they should have called it Frankenstein.

Rally Fighter - Home
I saw that episode...really neat car if you had a use for it.

Old 10-02-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
YES....THEY....ARE...have you got a chance to ride one yet VM just to check it out?Vicious,but pricey.
From what I understand, the VMAX hardly changed for most of it's model run, then suddenly went to 1700CC and 200hp? Don't need it. Can't afford a $20K bike. Don't want to try it out, cuz then I might want it.

Now if I could find a $34K CTS-V coupe, I would afford that, and would go get it tomorrow.

Seriously though, I'd be happy with a much less powerful bike. I like to get up and go, but a 10 year old 1000cc-1200cc something would be fine for me. I have an '88 CBR1000F that if I want to go light speed I can ride.

Old 10-02-2011, 12:23 PM

Quote:
From what I understand, the VMAX hardly changed for most of it's model run, then suddenly went to 1700CC and 200hp? Don't need it. Can't afford a $20K bike. Don't want to try it out, cuz then I might want it.

Now if I could find a $34K CTS-V coupe, I would afford that, and would go get it tomorrow.

Seriously though, I'd be happy with a much less powerful bike. I like to get up and go, but a 10 year old 1000cc-1200cc something would be fine for me. I have an '88 CBR1000F that if I want to go light speed I can ride.
never going to live that Caddy down am I.

I maybe all wet on the style you prefer,but have you ever tried a Kaw Concours on for size....they'll go fairly strong,EXCELLENT long ride comfort,reliable and their power is very managable...super nice bike if that turned out to be your riding preferences.

I wouldn't have even known about them but I took one in on trade a few years back and kept it a few weeks...I was really pleasantly surprised at just how nice of a bike it really was....I haven't thought to much of Kaw since the bygone KZ days,but the fit,finish and engineering looked really impressive to me on the Concours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive