Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Honda and Acura
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 09:36 AM

1,320 posts, read 3,700,899 times

Advertisements

Yes, the revamp must be really good to even consider one. BUT, I doubt there will be radical changes. The Accord is pure vanilla and changes must be subtle. I don't even expect the Accord to be exciting, never did, but it has lost it's polish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2011, 11:34 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,882,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tappan Zee View Post
My favorite Accord was the third generation 1989 Honda Accord LXi that was handed down to me by my dad. It was smooth and so reliable. The handling was great on that car because you were in tuned with the road. That Honda was the first Honda to have double-wishbones at the front and rear ends.

If you had the manual version it was even more fun to drive.That car was abused but just kept on going and was easy to work on too. The only drawback was, it lacked power. Now, the Accords are big and boring to drive, but still reliable as usual.

And the pop-up headlights! Ours looked just like this one but the automatic tranny sucked balls and something with the ignition made it not financially viable to own so we donated it . It was a unique car in its class at that time.

We currently have the 07 accord and it looked real nice if we can fix those minor dents and scratches. But the new one looks too long and ugly and the rest of the competition seems more interesting.

Old 11-03-2011, 11:57 AM

880 posts, read 2,024,212 times
I own a Accord and a Maxima the Accord is leaving my drive way it is the most uncomfortable car I have ever owned.I'm going to use my friends Sonata for the weekend to see if I like it.

Old 11-03-2011, 02:57 PM

815 posts, read 2,997,078 times
My folks bought their first Honda Accord a number of years ago, a 2005 (their first Honda). I doubt they will be buying another. Dad is especially disappointed with it (and rarely drives it), as he was expecting far fewer problems with it. It not terribly reliable. They also find it very dull, they knew it would be dull but not that dull. I have driven it a number of times and the brakes are grabby and the front seats are weird. I think that Honda has declined as my aunt and uncle (who have driven Honda exclusively for decades) don't like their newest ones near as much.

Old 11-04-2011, 09:03 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,564,796 times
It was the federal government that killed the NSX; that's no secret as any subscriber to any of the automobile enthusiast magazines can tell you in his sleep.

They've indeed been overtaken by the competition, and Hyundai in particular.

Old 11-04-2011, 05:37 PM

479 posts, read 835,419 times
I really enjoyed my 1999 Honda Accord. Only one recall that I can remember, and reliable for the 50 thousand I put on it. That was one, two, three, four cars ago. Jeep, Jeep, Mercedes, Malibu

For the current generation, the design is what I call derivative styling. I thought the Coupe looked better than the sedan, etc. Accord's still a very good car? But honestly, there isn't a single car in the class right now...I wouldn't be willing to own/drive.

Old 11-04-2011, 06:25 PM

290 posts, read 921,331 times
Hyundai is the new Acura and Kia is the new Honda IMO.

Old 11-04-2011, 09:29 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,530,789 times
The current Accord is still a great car but its way to big and should be named something else almost. Its no longer the fun sporty lil car it used to be. It also is no longer with the Camry by far best in class.

The Accord coupe is the best looking thing by far Honda/Acura makes, looks great. Everything else looks like Wall-E or some ugly robot bird thing.

Old 11-07-2011, 07:00 AM

179 posts, read 399,312 times
Honda is probably the most reliable brand out there today, i don't care what anybody says. And about your mpg being 20....stop gunning it, it's impossible that you're getting such poor mileage. I get 21 mpg with my 2001 Maxima, in case you didn't know that's a 220HP V6 torque beast, so it's either the driver, or you're using cheap gas.

Old 11-08-2011, 01:09 PM

609 posts, read 2,242,594 times
I currently drive an Accord (2004 EX-L) that is am very very satisfied with and here are a few reasons why.

- 4 cyl engine with "Timing chain" that typically does not need replacement every 100k miles or so making this car a zero maintenance car
- I currently have 181k trouble free miles on the car.
- Oil changes every 10k miles (i use synthetic oil) but this is the recommended OCI by Honda
- Looks decent and performs decent for being a family car and all.
- Brakes are a known issue and here is what i did to fix the same. Put in after market rotors (this is a must) and after market brake pads. The brakes are now "great".
- EX-L's are generally better in terms of interiors and other features like heated seats, moonroof etc. and I have always bought pre-owned just so that I can afford this model.

I hope this car runs till 300k so that I can get a V8 as a weekend car lol. BTW, the reason we did not buy a Camry is cause wife said that "old" people drive Toyotas, "younger" people drive Hondas.

BTW, my wife drives and Ody (EXL).

Last edited by tigerclaws; 11-08-2011 at 01:10 PM.. Reason: more info added
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Honda and Acura