Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 09:31 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,640,281 times

Advertisements

It depends on what type of seat you're looking for. Do you want something with more support like something you'd find in a Japanese car (Toyota Camry, Nissan Maxima, etc) or do you want something that's more cushy (say Buick or Cadillac)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2007, 12:10 AM

2,493 posts, read 4,373,021 times
Toyota seat are mostly pretty bad ---

Cars I'm considering include:

Mazda3 Hatchback
Honda CRV
Pontiac Vibe
BMW 325i (used, not new)

I'm going to test drive them all... no more Toyotas for me. The seats really suck...

greenie

Old 08-28-2007, 12:10 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,780,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
Toyota seat are mostly pretty bad ---

Cars I'm considering include:

Mazda3 Hatchback
Honda CRV
Pontiac Vibe
BMW 325i (used, not new)

I'm going to test drive them all... no more Toyotas for me. The seats really suck...

greenie
Well, hate to burst your bubble, but the Pontiac Vibe is the sister car of the Toyota Matrix. I owned a Vibe (briefly) and the seats were not good for my back either. I would suggest checking to see if the models you're interested in offer auto/manual lumbar support. My Taurus did and that helped me. Also, the after market suggestions are wise also.

Old 08-28-2007, 03:12 PM

1,921 posts, read 6,406,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post

greenie
I'm sure that you already know this, but make sure you get adequately long test drives in the vehicles you are considering. Often times cushy seats seem really comfortable on short trips around town, but totally lack the support necessary for long trips.

The most supportive seats I've owned have been in a MB CLK. They seem very hard (firm) when you first sit down, but the level of support they give you on longer trips is outstanding. I suspect you'll find similar results when you test the BMW's.

Old 08-28-2007, 03:44 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,373,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 SNAKE View Post
I'm sure that you already know this, but make sure you get adequately long test drives in the vehicles you are considering. Often times cushy seats seem really comfortable on short trips around town, but totally lack the support necessary for long trips.

The most supportive seats I've owned have been in a MB CLK. They seem very hard (firm) when you first sit down, but the level of support they give you on longer trips is outstanding. I suspect you'll find similar results when you test the BMW's.
Thanks, Snake -- I can always buy a used BMW at a decent price. I'm going to spend a lot of time sitting in cars this weekend.

greenie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive