Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2011, 06:59 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,945,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
To be fair, I'm a lot less aggressive driving with passengers than alone. Today, I had to drive in evening rush hour traffic for the first time in a while, and while traffic was actually moving decently, I thought they could do much better than the 60-65 they were poking along at. I was weaving through them trying to keep up a 75-80 pace, and while it was fun in a mischievous way, I probably would've just followed the herd if I had a passenger with me. Except if it was someone like you, of course, who likes to egg people on to misbehave
Haha, I think our styles are very similar. I drive more aggressively when I'm either alone in the car, or with certain friends (generally guys who are also big speeders).

If I ever had you in my car, I'd be hitting that gas pedal hard. You have such an impressive record that I could only hope to offer a pale imitation, but I would do my best, man....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2011, 08:00 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,027,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
The only "you" there is on the forum is what you say. We have no other way to know or judge you so make it good stuff not smart pants stuff.
??? What?

Old 12-26-2011, 08:18 PM

22,823 posts, read 6,434,004 times
A few years ago...my husband drove to the corner where there is a yield sign, there was no traffic,
he turned right, started driving up the street. A police car comes up behind us, lights flashing, my
husband stops. Officer says he went through a stop sign..??..husband says he thought it was a yield
sign . So we get ins. proof out, drivers license...then officer shines flashlight on us (we're in
our 60's) and the peke...finally he says there was a burglary in the area and the getaway car was
reported to be dark blue (like ours). He realizes we are not the burglars and says he will "let us off with a warning".
We drive back down the street, where we've lived for 5 years because we can't believe we went through a stop sign,
no it was a yield just like we told him....
I didn't mind being stopped if there was a problem in the area, I did mind that he lied about the stop
sign, then said he was letting us off with a warning.....

Old 12-26-2011, 09:35 PM

3,869 posts, read 15,168,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
How does my credibility need work?
I do not speed, but I can be made to "speed" if a place has inappropriate speed limits. .
Heehe, snort, funny, stop it, your making my sides hurt.

Old 12-27-2011, 06:40 AM

1,899 posts, read 3,956,437 times
Most states are going to enforce tint laws based on the state where your vehicle is registered. Since most officers in other states don't know the law where you live, they wouldn't write you a ticket for it.

My advice for driving into other states would be for you to know the law in your own state and POLITELY inform officers in other states about it. In other words, explain that 35% (or whatever) is legal in (Insert your home state here), and you are just passing through.

I also hope the OP learns to appreciate police as more than "revenue generators" that are "harassing" people. The laws are available for review at any time. It is your responsibility to know them.

Old 12-27-2011, 06:47 AM

220 posts, read 376,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Any of y'all ever harassed by a revenue generator about your tint? What was the situation? What happened? What did you do afterwards?

I'm driving a long road trip through Texas, New Mexico & Utah soon & I wanted to maximize my odds of being revenue generator encounter-free. Any stories from New Mexico & Utah?

Welcome to TintLaws.com
So this is the (at least) third thread you started in order to gripe about the police.

Clearly YOU have a problem with traffic laws, and those who enforce them. There is no help for you until you decide to grow up and stop breaking traffic laws, and provoking the police.

Old 12-27-2011, 06:52 AM

2,698 posts, read 12,169,913 times
I got popped for speeding on Highway 1 between San Luis Obispo and Los Osos (CA) once. I minded my Ps and Qs, so the cop let me off with a warning but gave me a fix-it ticket for front window tint and no front plate. I had the tint stripped, paid the fine, then re-tinted. No problems since and this was years ago.

Mike

Old 12-27-2011, 07:20 AM

1,899 posts, read 3,956,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
And some cars look better with dark tint.
That is subjective. I think my truck would look better with gun turrets and anti aircraft missiles, but that doesn't mean it should be legal.

Old 12-27-2011, 07:25 AM

6,735 posts, read 4,415,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBanson View Post
So this is the (at least) third thread you started in order to gripe about the police.

Clearly YOU have a problem with traffic laws, and those who enforce them. There is no help for you until you decide to grow up and stop breaking traffic laws, and provoking the police.
I think cops and cities rely on this for extra revenue. There will always be a percentage or people that just skate the law and get caught. In lean times like these, cops will nit pick, and mostly win. You give them a reason to stop you, its your fault.

Old 12-27-2011, 07:27 AM

220 posts, read 376,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
And some cars look better with dark tint.
Can't say I disagree. I've got an old Volvo 240 Wagon that has tinted windows. I like them, for several reasons.

But the windshield doesn't have tint on it, and the side & back windows are well within the legal limits.

Have I ever been pulled over? Nope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive