Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2012, 05:15 PM

406 posts, read 1,425,955 times

Advertisements

In full descriptive detail can you provide a summary of features of a car and the benefits of those features, no matter how obviouse. As many as you can confidently describe is very much appreciated. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2012, 05:19 PM

2,182 posts, read 5,414,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantyall2know View Post
In full descriptive detail can you provide a summary of features of a car and the benefits of those features, no matter how obviouse. As many as you can confidently describe is very much appreciated. Thank you.
Are we doing your homework or something?

Old 01-18-2012, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazyn View Post
Are we doing your homework or something?

Nope it is on me to get advice from as many people as I can, research the information as much as possible, read, and re-read, learn, and re-learn. So not by far. It is an ongoing process.

Old 01-18-2012, 05:57 PM

3,961 posts, read 10,960,252 times
are you selling new or used?

If new, sit in the cars and drive the cars. That's a great way to get a feel for control, features, and how to use them.
If used, you can learn the inventory you have at the time but that wil change, so only experience on the lot as well as having a history of being a "car guy" can help build up good overall knowledge of cars across the brand spectrum.

If you want to watch things in action, catch an episode of motorweek, or other auto shows. Read some auto or consumer magazines, or go to an online auto site. They wil do a walkaround, go under the hood, show seating and controls, etc. While this may not help you sell a specific car it can give you tips on how to flow your presentation.

if you are a "people person" and can communicate with others well; then the car info and discussion will come with time

Old 01-18-2012, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger17 View Post
are you selling new or used?

If new, sit in the cars and drive the cars. That's a great way to get a feel for control, features, and how to use them.
If used, you can learn the inventory you have at the time but that wil change, so only experience on the lot as well as having a history of being a "car guy" can help build up good overall knowledge of cars across the brand spectrum.

If you want to watch things in action, catch an episode of motorweek, or other auto shows. Read some auto or consumer magazines, or go to an online auto site. They wil do a walkaround, go under the hood, show seating and controls, etc. While this may not help you sell a specific car it can give you tips on how to flow your presentation.

if you are a "people person" and can communicate with others well; then the car info and discussion will come with time
It is used cars but we also have new. I dont really have much car knowledge but I am learning as much as I possibly can; I am a people person usually.

Old 01-18-2012, 06:16 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,600,150 times
It's very possible to over think what features to have on a car and what to leave off. As a rule , with today's factory packages, the lowest to middle class of models will have all a person can use and a bit more. Top of the line get flat ridiculous with bells and whistles no one can use or want to inflate the price.

In my 50+ of driving I've always found that a policy of K.eep I.t S.imple S.tupid is the best since that is all the goodies that are useful in a car with less to break.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive