U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 06:38 AM

1,921 posts, read 4,063,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesacat View Post
I'm here asking because I want to get her a car that she is going to be happy with in the long run. I don't want to buy something that she isn't going to like and wish I had gotten something better. She told me those 3 were the ones she likes best. Thats why I narrowed it to those.
Has she driven any of the three? As previously noted, they are VERY different cars to live with. There's a huge difference between someone saying that she likes those three cars based on looks/specs and someone who has spent some time with all three cars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2007, 09:31 AM

264 posts, read 552,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 SNAKE View Post
Has she driven any of the three? As previously noted, they are VERY different cars to live with. There's a huge difference between someone saying that she likes those three cars based on looks/specs and someone who has spent some time with all three cars.
Hmm..you're right about that. We have a 07 Mustang right now that she loves but she bought that more for me than for "us". I know she used to own a Camero and Trans Am but I don't think she has ever had a corvette or a viper. I think she likes the corvette because of the looks and the specs that she reads about it and the viper mainly because its unique and collectable.

Old 09-11-2007, 02:11 PM

1,921 posts, read 4,063,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesacat View Post
Hmm..you're right about that. We have a 07 Mustang right now that she loves but she bought that more for me than for "us". I know she used to own a Camero and Trans Am but I don't think she has ever had a corvette or a viper. I think she likes the corvette because of the looks and the specs that she reads about it and the viper mainly because its unique and collectable.
Honestly, she needs some time behind the wheel of each of them before you plunk down money.

A side note to consider: the sports car market takes a hit once snow starts to fly. You can use this to your advantage to find a great deal.

Old 09-11-2007, 03:37 PM

1,197 posts, read 3,751,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Its not bad by any means, but there are many cars Id choose over it in a heartbeat (pardon the pun). Its still a fiberglas Chevrolet, badly put together. Perform good it does, but the pedigree isnt what I like. Id take a 911 anyday over a Z06. Heck, Id even take a Elise or Exige over the Z06.
Sorry but there is no comparison. 911 will not corner like a Z06,

On a straight away they are ok but give it a turn and hang on your in on coming lane.

I spent a day instructing driving for amatures with SCCA, drove both the 911 and a corvette. 911 was pretty much a dog. Sorry

Old 09-11-2007, 03:45 PM

1,197 posts, read 3,751,243 times
I just sold my ZR1 and it broke my heart my husband has promised me a C6 Z06 of course it has to be yellow.

If I had my choice of course I would pick the Vett the true American Sports Car that is if she like to drive and at times drive hard, the cornering is to die for they are so tight and for long trips they are great. Nothing like cruising along and then decide to punch it for a few miles, man what a rush.

Old 09-17-2007, 05:53 PM

264 posts, read 552,026 times
Well guys...and ladies, Thank you all for the advice. I finally was able to squeeze out of her EXACTLY what car she REALLY Really wanted and it turned out to be what I just bought for her....

2002 Chevy Camero convertible Z28 SS 35th Anniversary edition. V8 6speed red with black interior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive