U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 11:37 PM

3,459 posts, read 5,563,139 times

Advertisements

Well, looks like I may not be going on that extended trip, after all. At least that's a couple of weeks of income not lost at work.

Oh well, I'm sure I'll find an excuse to go up to Seattle or out to Vegas one of these days.

Thanks for input. It's awesome! And it makes me feel better to know that I'm not the only one who can do this high mileage vehicle thing.

Here's another thing: Here in materialistic California, having a not-new car is actually a way to stand out from the crowd. Seems like every yuppie and princess "has" to have their leased Mercedes or BMW brand new, with a new one every 1-3 years. My car is still shiny and dependable, and that's really all I genuinely care about.

Guess it's an inherited trait from my father. He kept an '80s-era minivan to 225,000 miles. He still has an early '90s minivan with nearly 292,000 miles and is currently repairing an early '90s farm truck that only has 13,000 miles but seems to be in generally fine mechanical condition. I actually, truly felt sorry for that old truck; it sat in an old garage for some 18 years nearly forgotten about and it's a wonder it wasn't vandalized. Today, however, it has new life! Oh, all of his vehicles are American, believe it or not!

BTW, I drive a Matrix.

Last edited by EclecticEars; 02-22-2012 at 12:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive