U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 12:16 PM

8,410 posts, read 9,239,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
Sorry, but Iím not buying.

DOT sets the standards for tires not Wal*Mart
Did I say the tires were below DOT standards? No. There are lots of very crappy tires that meet DOT standards. DOT is only about safety.

Buy what you want. I lived it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2012, 12:44 PM

3,870 posts, read 5,460,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
So everything I said is wrong, and everyone lied to me? Ridiculous. I never said they were rejects or seconds. I said they were poorly made tires. 4 tires on the same vehicle wouldn't balance? Continental lied to me? An entire sheet of wheel weights is normal? That would make the tire damn near oval, not just "hard to balance". Which part of "WOULD NOT BALANCE" did you not understand?

Does anything you said make sense? Or are you calling me a liar? Wake up. WAKE UP.

No, I never said that and what you are doing is over reacting and not comprehending what is said, now go read read it and I'll high light the areas to pay attention to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snofarmer View Post
And you were lied to by tire shops who are having a hard time competing with wallmart.

NO one is selling rejected or 2nds when it comes to tires.

ANY and all tire MFG's on and occasion produce a tire that is hard to balance.
Again the tire shops lied to you.

It is common to see wheel weights on the "inside" to do the job properly some rims&tire combos would have weights on both sides or running down the center-line on the rim using stick on weights.
Again you were lied to by the tire shop.

ANY and all tire MFG's on and occasion produce a tire that is hard to balance regardless of who sold it

And you found this out. The tire shop lied to you to keep you from ever going back to wallmart.
You could have gotten tires that were hard to balance from ANY tire shop and from any BRAND.

No tire should have more than 4oz of weight added for balancing, I believe that is the industry rule.

Your right nooo one would ever lie or not tell you the whole truth....

ps "That would make the tire damn near oval" or they still could have been round just because they are out of balance by a lot does not necessarily make then a oval.

Old 02-18-2012, 01:37 PM
PDD

5,942 posts, read 6,221,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
So everything I said is wrong, and everyone lied to me? Ridiculous. I never said they were rejects or seconds. I said they were poorly made tires. 4 tires on the same vehicle wouldn't balance? Continental lied to me? An entire sheet of wheel weights is normal? That would make the tire damn near oval, not just "hard to balance". Which part of "WOULD NOT BALANCE" did you not understand?

Does anything you said make sense? Or are you calling me a liar? Wake up. WAKE UP.
A lot of tire companies make a down and dirty cheapo tire for those who are just shopping price.
There is a possibility that Walmart along with any number of retailers will sell the cheapo tire but it is not made specifically for Walmart.
Don't forget just because it says Continental on the side does not mean it is the same as their top quality tire.
Why not check out the cheap tires at Tire rack and see for yourself. TR rates all the tires they sell.
I don't think anybody is calling you a liar, just not knowledgeable about tires.

Old 02-18-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
No, I never said that and what you are doing is over reacting and not comprehending what is said, now go read read it and I'll high light the areas to pay attention to.

ANY and all tire MFG's on and occasion produce a tire that is hard to balance regardless of who sold it

And you found this out. The tire shop lied to you to keep you from ever going back to wallmart.
You could have gotten tires that were hard to balance from ANY tire shop and from any BRAND.

No tire should have more than 4oz of weight added for balancing, I believe that is the industry rule.

Your right nooo one would ever lie or not tell you the whole truth....

ps "That would make the tire damn near oval" or they still could have been round just because they are out of balance by a lot does not necessarily make then a oval.
What did BOTH tire dealers lie about? Why are you assuming that everyone here is lying? Conti told me they were having problems with those tires. Were they lying too?? Was the friend of a friend lying when he said they were having problems with that series?

I'm not overreacting. You hosed everything in my post and basically said I was completely wrong.

Old 02-18-2012, 01:44 PM

"Conti told me they were having problems with those tires. "

Exactly they the MFG were having problems with those tires.
It is the MFG's fault not the shop, store ect that sold them as they did not make them.

I can find you many business owners who will tell you not to go to wallmart and tell you little white lies.
Example, Ever shop for a used car? Do you think they all were honest and up front with you?

No, again, I said you were lied to.

I might use the word gullible soon.

Old 02-18-2012, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
A lot of tire companies make a down and dirty cheapo tire for those who are just shopping price.
There is a possibility that Walmart along with any number of retailers will sell the cheapo tire but it is not made specifically for Walmart.
Don't forget just because it says Continental on the side does not mean it is the same as their top quality tire.
Why not check out the cheap tires at Tire rack and see for yourself. TR rates all the tires they sell.
I don't think anybody is calling you a liar, just not knowledgeable about tires.
Did I say all Contis are bad? No. Did I allude to that in even the smallest way? No.

WM is the only company that sells the series of tires I had. Two dealers, WM, AND ****ING CONTINENTAL TIRE TOLD ME SO. Sorry if you can't accept that.

I'm plenty ****ing knowledgeable about tires. Maybe you think I'm ignorant because you and snofarmer can't accept THE FACTS I'VE PRESENTED but that's your problem.

I guess I'm lying, ignorant, or gullible based on the replies here, since no one accepts the FACTS I've posted here. WTF is with you people?

Last edited by vmaxnc; 02-18-2012 at 02:05 PM..

Old 02-18-2012, 01:57 PM

Quote:
"Conti told me they were having problems with those tires. "

Exactly they the MFG were having problems with those tires.
It is the MFG's fault not the shop, store ect that sold them as they did not make them.

I can find you many business owners who will tell you not to go to wallmart and tell you little white lies.
Example, Ever shop for a used car? Do you think they all were honest and up front with you?

No, again, I said you were lied to.

I might use the word gullible soon.
Since you missed the question-

WHAT DID BOTH TIRE DEALERS LIE ABOUT?

Where did I say the shop is at fault? I said WM sold tires that ARE specific to WM.

Please feel free to ignore all my posts and just make up whatever you want about what I might have said, then insult me about those posts.

Last edited by vmaxnc; 02-18-2012 at 02:06 PM..

Old 02-18-2012, 02:26 PM

Now your a English teacher too?
You can take that crap to the writing fourm.

Scene you can't figure out what I'm talking about (I'm sure everyone else does) here it goes.

Quote:
I can say for an absolute fact that at least some of the tires at WM are NOT the same as you'll see elsewhere, and the quality is definitely different.
Humm, I'll take that back I think you are not being truthful.

Quote:
It didn't ride right so I took it to get the tires balanced. That shop (Discount tire) said they couldn't get the tires balanced, and showed me where a sheet of weights was on the inside of one of my wheels. That guy told me he'd never seen that, and he'd been in the tire business for 30 years. He told me that those tires were sold only by WM.
He lied to you.

Quote:
I tried one other tire shop, and although they weren't as forthcoming, they couldn't get the tires to balance.
He tyed not to.

Quote:

I called Continental afterwards, and they confirmed that WM sets the standards for those tires, and they shouldn't be compared to other Contis.
And you misunderstood what they said as WM does not set any tire standard for any tire, unless wallmart makes a tire for them selves and even then they too would need to meet Dot requirements.

No tire is made for wallmart you could have bought the same tire at any tire shop.

What mfg would produce a inferior tire and put their name on it for wallmart to sell?

Old 02-18-2012, 03:19 PM

2,459 posts, read 1,964,585 times
Even if Wal*Mart had Conti make a special tire just for them what makes you think they would cut corners when itís their name on the tire?

I wonder what the date codes are on the tires you bought? I wonder how they were stored? Were the balance marks where they needed to be?

Old 02-18-2012, 04:47 PM

2,988 posts, read 4,859,468 times
Find some Firestone Destination A/T's, great tire for the money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive