Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 05:14 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,344,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe107 View Post
there are affluent suburbs of chicago that will not allow you to have a pick up truck in your drive way---they think it looks white trashy
The people who think that are known as IDIOTS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2007, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron17571 View Post
No,it means you dont care about fuel mpg and you have low self esteem.guess you figured out i just hate them,if you actually used one for your job i feel different.its really bad when people lower them and put big rims with low profile tires on,seems totaly asnine.about as bad as one ton dually pickups with no trailer hitch.or four wheel drives without a scratch on them,never actually used off road.
You must not know anything about pickups, there are pickups that get just as good gas milage as cars.
Low self esteem? why would that be?

Old 09-08-2007, 07:53 PM

86 posts, read 258,907 times
Trucks get thirty mpg?more like 12 in town.mabe folks have self image problems or their need to impress you with their macho image.mabe a small wanger !i drive a big rig for a living so i see vehicles all day long,and ive owned a truck years ago.was hard on gas didnt stop well and the rear end broke lose at the slightest hint of a slippery road,yes trucks have gotten better and more expensive,friends kid bought a new chevy trk,27000 and no electric windows or locks!when i drive in the snow,everytime theres an accident it seems to be a pickup truck.if many people would get rid of their pu or only drive it when it was really needed,mabe it would help lessen our dependence on foreign oil.folks here in the usa are living in denial about oil.

Old 09-08-2007, 08:18 PM

1,921 posts, read 6,425,202 times
Quote:
folks here in the usa are living in denial about oil.
I disagree. We'll depend on oil until the price gets high enough that alternatives become more economically viable. We have the ability to become independent from foreign oil, but oil is still too cheap to walk away from.

Old 09-08-2007, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Trucks get thirty mpg?more like 12 in town.mabe folks have self image problems or their need to impress you with their macho image.mabe a small wanger !i drive a big rig for a living so i see vehicles all day long,and ive owned a truck years ago.was hard on gas didnt stop well and the rear end broke lose at the slightest hint of a slippery road,yes trucks have gotten better and more expensive,friends kid bought a new chevy trk,27000 and no electric windows or locks!when i drive in the snow,everytime theres an accident it seems to be a pickup truck.if many people would get rid of their pu or only drive it when it was really needed,mabe it would help lessen our dependence on foreign oil.folks here in the usa are living in denial about oil.
Remember Toyota, Nissan, Mazda,Ford ranger and many more trucks can be had with a 4 cylinder engine, they do well on gas. my dodge 1/2 ton gets 20mpg on the road with a V8, fuel injection makes a big differance, my truck handles good,rides good and is one of the quietest vehicles i'ved owned, theres nothing macho about it, they are usefull. your large SUV's suck up more fuel and are more of a peice of jewlery than usefull.

Old 09-08-2007, 08:37 PM

157 posts, read 1,093,239 times
Quote:
No,it means you dont care about fuel mpg and you have low self esteem.guess you figured out i just hate them,if you actually used one for your job i feel different.its really bad when people lower them and put big rims with low profile tires on,seems totaly asnine.about as bad as one ton dually pickups with no trailer hitch.or four wheel drives without a scratch on them,never actually used off road.

Is it just me, or does this guy not like trucks like mine? Guess it's a good thing I built it the way I want it.. I don't understand why people get their undies in a knot about what people drive. I don't care for junky hondas with coffee can exhaust, but if they like it, more power to them.

And no, you don't have to live in the country to drive a truck. I don't live in the country. ....Yet. But then, I don't know if most on here would call mine a truck. haha.

Oh, and I get 18/25 mpg. About the same as my Buick Regal GS..

Last edited by RopeS; 09-08-2007 at 08:39 PM.. Reason: mpg

Old 09-09-2007, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RopeS View Post

Is it just me, or does this guy not like trucks like mine? Guess it's a good thing I built it the way I want it.. I don't understand why people get their undies in a knot about what people drive. I don't care for junky hondas with coffee can exhaust, but if they like it, more power to them.

And no, you don't have to live in the country to drive a truck. I don't live in the country. ....Yet. But then, I don't know if most on here would call mine a truck. haha.

Oh, and I get 18/25 mpg. About the same as my Buick Regal GS..
Nice truck and yeah he doesn't get it, we all drive what we like, i may not like a certain vehicle but i sure don't care if someone else does.

Old 09-09-2007, 08:05 AM

3,377 posts, read 14,621,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinbeach2128 View Post
just asking
Yes, and we don't have inside plumbing neither

Old 09-10-2007, 02:49 AM

417 posts, read 1,281,626 times
I have a small truck (V6, xtnd cab, 4x4). I live in the city.

I bought it after my ex and I divorced. That was what bothered me the most....not him leaving but that the truck was going.

When you have a house you almost have to have a truck.

I also have a luxury car.

Old 09-10-2007, 03:14 AM

417 posts, read 1,281,626 times
Quote:
.....mabe folks have self image problems or their need to impress you with their macho image.mabe a small wanger......
"Macho image"? "Small wanger"? Sweetie, not everyone who owns a truck is a guy. Like a bumper sticker I recently saw "Silly boys, trucks are for girls".

My license frame says it all "Girls like to play in the dirt, too." Yep, I take it off road up on mountain logging roads. As it is a stick, I love to come down the mountain in angel gear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive